Schick Injector doesn’t load

Hi all
I just acquired a Schick Injector Eversharp Hydromagic type I2 which came without a blade or placeholder. To my surprise it doesn’t load: when I insert the injector key and try to slide the blade in, it gets stuck somewhere already in the beginning. Does this injector need a special injector key or am I doing something wrong? I can’t guess what the reason might be of this. Any thoughts?
Thanks for your advice.

Hi all
I just acquired a Schick Injector Eversharp Hydromagic type I2 which came without a blade or placeholder. To my surprise it doesn’t load: when I insert the injector key and try to slide the blade in, it gets stuck somewhere already in the beginning. Does this injector need a special injector key or am I doing something wrong? I can’t guess what the reason might be of this. Any thoughts?
Thanks for your advice.
You don't say what injector blade's you are trying to use, some seem to load better than others.
I like to use Schick blades and I don't find them problematic but when I have used a Personna cartridge in the past I found I had to twist the key to the left or maybe the right whilst pushing the blade in.
It may be because there is no blank blade in the injector or it could just be the cartridge that you are trying to load from.
Spray a small amount of WD40 or similar along the blade slot on the razor, this may also help for the first loading, rinse well before use

Paul.

Paul.

Reactions: ATG
Thanks Paul, problem solved. A little twist and a drop of machine oil did the trick. The problem was obviously that there was no blade in the razor. I was a bit surprised though: I use Schick blades and they should be reliable. I’m a bit curious of how the next change of blades is going to be.

Thanks Paul, problem solved. A little twist and a drop of machine oil did the trick. The problem was obviously that there was no blade in the razor. I was a bit surprised though: I use Schick blades and they should be reliable. I’m a bit curious of how the next change of blades is going to be.
Great! The next change should be trouble free!
Enjoy your injector shaves. :)

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom