Scent of The Day

Any good this version, Rob? I have an older version and this recent reformulation is allegedly a bit ‘brighter’. Maybe they’ve lessened the oak moss or something.

I have both versions too (I own the very first batch from April 2012) and I actually prefer the 2017 reformulation.
They removed the Myrr note from the original but apart from the opening 5-10 minutes you will struggle to notice any difference. Some say the 2017 is brighter and maybe it is a little but after 30-45 minutes they’re both pretty much the same. The dry down is STUNNING!

Thanks Rob. You’re not the first to say that the 2017 is better. I still have about half a bottle of the 2012 one; so it’ll be a wee while before I replenish. It is a cracking scent though. It’s also refreshing to get a positive slant on reformulations. All too often (not in here, I may add), you get hand-wringers bemoaning them; harking back to the original formulations and claiming the new ones are nothing like the original (which, of course, they inevitably have).

Dior’s Eau Sauvage EdT gets a hell of a kicking sometimes. I’ve actually smelt the original 1966 one and, whilst it’s not as ‘dark’ as the current one, there’s no doubt that it’s not a kick in the arse off it.

Sadly Citrus based Frags don’t work very well on me. I did have one bottle of Eau Sauvage EDT around 20 odd years ago. I bought another bottle last year, maybe the year before that but it didn’t last long on me (probably why I only bought one bottle back then). It was the same story with Chanel Pour Monsieur. Both smell great but last 10 seconds on me.

There's only a couple of Citrus based frags which works really well on me, Mancera Cedrat Boise being one of them, phenomenal performance. It's definitely worth checking out.

Aye, I get that. I think a lot of those fragrances don’t project; but stay close. Creed too; Silver Mountain Water lasts about a minute on me. Mind you, Bois du Portugal not only lasts on me but evolves over the day.