Scent of The Day

15-bogart_sig.jpg

Any good this version, Rob? I have an older version and this recent reformulation is allegedly a bit ‘brighter’. Maybe they’ve lessened the oak moss or something.

I have both versions too (I own the very first batch from April 2012) and I actually prefer the 2017 reformulation.
They removed the Myrr note from the original but apart from the opening 5-10 minutes you will struggle to notice any difference. Some say the 2017 is brighter and maybe it is a little but after 30-45 minutes they’re both pretty much the same. The dry down is STUNNING!

I have both versions too (I own the very first batch from April 2012) and I actually prefer the 2017 reformulation.
They removed the Myrr note from the original but apart from the opening 5-10 minutes you will struggle to notice any difference. Some say the 2017 is brighter and maybe it is a little but after 30-45 minutes they’re both pretty much the same. The dry down is STUNNING!
Thanks Rob. You’re not the first to say that the 2017 is better. I still have about half a bottle of the 2012 one; so it’ll be a wee while before I replenish. It is a cracking scent though. It’s also refreshing to get a positive slant on reformulations. All too often (not in here, I may add), you get hand-wringers bemoaning them; harking back to the original formulations and claiming the new ones are nothing like the original (which, of course, they inevitably have).

Dior’s Eau Sauvage EdT gets a hell of a kicking sometimes. I’ve actually smelt the original 1966 one and, whilst it’s not as ‘dark’ as the current one, there’s no doubt that it’s not a kick in the arse off it.

Thanks Rob. You’re not the first to say that the 2017 is better. I still have about half a bottle of the 2012 one; so it’ll be a wee while before I replenish. It is a cracking scent though. It’s also refreshing to get a positive slant on reformulations. All too often (not in here, I may add), you get hand-wringers bemoaning them; harking back to the original formulations and claiming the new ones are nothing like the original (which, of course, they inevitably have).

Dior’s Eau Sauvage EdT gets a hell of a kicking sometimes. I’ve actually smelt the original 1966 one and, whilst it’s not as ‘dark’ as the current one, there’s no doubt that it’s not a kick in the arse off it.

Sadly Citrus based Frags don’t work very well on me. I did have one bottle of Eau Sauvage EDT around 20 odd years ago. I bought another bottle last year, maybe the year before that but it didn’t last long on me (probably why I only bought one bottle back then). It was the same story with Chanel Pour Monsieur. Both smell great but last 10 seconds on me.

There's only a couple of Citrus based frags which works really well on me, Mancera Cedrat Boise being one of them, phenomenal performance. It's definitely worth checking out.

Sadly Citrus based Frags don’t work very well on me. I did have one bottle of Eau Sauvage EDT around 20 odd years ago. I bought another bottle last year, maybe the year before that but it didn’t last long on me (probably why I only bought one bottle back then). It was the same story with Chanel Pour Monsieur. Both smell great but last 10 seconds on me.

There's only a couple of Citrus based frags which works really well on me, Mancera Cedrat Boise being one of them, phenomenal performance. It's definitely worth checking out.

Aye, I get that. I think a lot of those fragrances don’t project; but stay close. Creed too; Silver Mountain Water lasts about a minute on me. Mind you, Bois du Portugal not only lasts on me but evolves over the day.

Back
Top Bottom