Scent of The Day

ZoPTDPm.jpg

15015589925-8ca22dda34-o.jpg

LHB EDP - Arrived this morning so would be rude not to! Two sprays, one on skin & one on clothing... Fairly medicinal opening which gives way to a very rich powdery floral. That iris note is tweaking my nose but not in an awful way, I've just never smelt it on myself before. Let's see how it settles.

Okay, update 8 hours later...

Those two sprays are still projecting fairly strongly, I think one spray is probably enough with this one as I felt a little nauseous around lunchtime and it was definitely caused by the iris. Thankfully that note calmed down as it settled into the base. I like it, it's a stunning scent I found capable of stirring emotions which I'll be honest is not something I have experienced with a perfume before... This goes beyond mere fragrance, it has a story to tell, a real work of art IMO. That said, I would rather be smelling it on a woman than myself! Whilst Mitsouko is feminine but works for some men, L'Heure Bleue is more than feminine... It's "womanly" which is something different altogether.

Okay, update 8 hours later...

Those two sprays are still projecting fairly strongly, I think one spray is probably enough with this one as I felt a little nauseous around lunchtime and it was definitely caused by the iris. Thankfully that note calmed down as it settled into the base. I like it, it's a stunning scent I found capable of stirring emotions which I'll be honest is not something I have experienced with a perfume before... This goes beyond mere fragrance, it has a story to tell, a real work of art IMO. That said, I would rather be smelling it on a woman than myself! Whilst Mitsouko is feminine but works for some men, L'Heure Bleue is more than feminine... It's "womanly" which is something different altogether.

LHB is, indeed, a work of art. There aren't many Classic Guerlain's that fall short of it. Vol de Nuit is tremendous too.

Back
Top Bottom