Scent of The Day

njPFFEu.jpg

Australian Private Reserve Coolabah LE
Once a jolly swagman camped by a billabong
Under the shade of a coolibah tree.

Last edited:
Hi Luka, short answer is that the Brut original in the small, squat glass bottle was much stronger and, to me, slightly sweeter than anything available for some years. That was back in the mid to late 1960s and it just blew me away after just smelling frags like Old Spice, Sabre etc. In the seventies Brut came out with the Brut 33 range. The cheap shot remark about the 33 range was that you could smell it at 33 paces ! It was also rumoured that it had been renamed because it had been reduced some 33% in the better quality ingredients to go for the mass market. In terms of what's out there at the moment the present ' Original ' is the nearest to the original. That's the one in the glass bottle with the medallion. However, to me, it's still a paler shadow of its' glorious ancestor.

JohnnyO. o/
Thank for your informative reply. I have two decent aftershaves in my “armoury “Cartier roadster and yves saint Laurent y, but today I bought a bottle of brut for the extortionate price of £2.99p I will wear it tonight no doubt to the amusement of mrs Luka and friends , but to be honest I like it ,now where's me tonic suit? !!!

Thank for your informative reply. I have two decent aftershaves in my “armoury “Cartier roadster and yves saint Laurent y, but today I bought a bottle of brut for the extortionate price of £2.99p I will wear it tonight no doubt to the amusement of mrs Luka and friends , but to be honest I like it ,now where's me tonic suit? !!!

I bet if you said, were you asked, that it was an exotic Arabian Musk which cost so much that you're too embarrased to admit the price it would be commented on favourably. There's good reason classcs like Brut, Denim etc have lasted so well. They just plain punch above their weight. People laugh at the name without really knowing what they smell like.

JohnnyO. o/

Back
Top Bottom