Saturday 7th October - Friday 13rd October 2023

Thu 12
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Island Man
Brush Spiffo Manchurian
Razor Lakeside Cutlery Chicago, ILL
Impeccable lather whip-up beautifully by the excellent soft brush. Soap and matching splash smells lovely!
A delightful razor enjoyed the buttery smooth and crisply keen edge in 3passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20231012_125955.jpg

Sorry for my prolonged absence. We've been installing a new Customer Service phone system on two continents for the past two weeks, and I've just been slammed.

img_3039-jpeg.1731623

I've recently been discussing budget shaving with some other like-minded members of another forum, so I decided to make that a theme today. I think the purchase price for everything in this photo is under $25, with the brush at $7 being the high ticket item. I had a great shave today, and if forced to admit it, I could easily shave with this setup every day if need be.

SOTD Thu 12th October 2023

8997C6E6-F9E8-4F61-8EF0-199DE7541A9B.jpeg

Pre - shower, face wash with Imperial Leather soap
Bowl - glass
Cream - Proraso Sensitive (white)
Brush - YaqI Sagrada Familia
Razor - Mercury 38C
Blade - Derby Extra (4)

Post - cold face wash, alum, Superdrug Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea Sensitive ASB, Hidden Code SportS EDT

Refreshment - I wonder?

A truly great 2 pass shave with a wonderfull razor, blade, cream and brush combination. There was nothing wrong with the blade the other day - it was me!

At the moment it would appear that all my creams and soaps are Italian (perhaps ‘all’ is pushing it, I have 2 creams and 2 La Barbiera soaps) - this led me to The Italian Job and this led me to the final line of the original -

“Hang on a minute lads…
…I’ve got a great idea!”

Evening all.

And it is today that I held aloft Excalibur to lay claim that I am indeed the King of shaving in this castle. Mrs Satanfriendly reached out from the depths of the bathroom sink and uttered in her fair voice, 'Use this bloody razor you procastinating bastard'. Hence it lead to a shave themed, 'Excalibur and the nights of the round sink'

20231012_125017.jpg

Sir Razorlot - Yaqi Excalibur
Sir Bladealot - Feather Super Professional
Sir Brushalot - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
Sir Soapalot - Alvarez Gomez Barberia
Sir Moistalot - Collegen
Sir Smellalot - Van Cleef Ambre Imperial
Sir writeshitalot - Moi

'That's him over there'
'Oh Mr Satanfriendly is so handsome'
'He's a twat'

And the knights gathered around the sink of destiny readied to battle the hairy dragon. Which all sounded a little perverted, but eh, what's a night without a knight?

'You mean my penis?'

Sorry for misleading you there, your genitals are safe. For the moment. In fact I was referring to my clock. You misheard me there.

These Excaliburs have no right to be so damn good. A cheap nasty bit of kit which just happens to deliver superbly smooth and efficient shaves. A bit like me except I don't deliver anything outside of abject misery and annoyance. And deliver it did. A very happy and nice shave with no collateral and no requirement for Dr Styptic and his inept first aid team.

Alvarez? I feel privileged to still have the best part of a jar left. Thanks to @Boycie83
My oh my, did Alvarez make a wrong turn in stopping production of this one.

Well it only takes me to leave you in the hands of Fate Gear. The nearest I can find to Japanese girly knights in shining amour. And yes, I love you all

Last edited:
IMG_2972.jpeg

SOTD: 11/10/2023

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: Kai Protouch MG Guarded, 1st use
Brush: Highlander 2023 TSR Limited Edition Yaqi Tuxedo Knot
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Stubble Buster Coastal Croap
Fragrance: Afnan 9pm EdP

IMG_2976.jpeg

SOTD: 12/10/2023

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: Kai Protouch MG Guarded, 2nd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Yaqi/MSC Issey Miyaki Puck
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm
Fragrance: Issey Miyake L’Eau d’Issey Eau de Toilette

Swiftly coming to the conclusion that I prefer the original Excalibur to the Romulus/Remus. I think the new steel version is lovely but a tad too mild, the Excalibur seems to straddle the fine balance of efficiency and smoothness.

SOTD 13-Oct
20231012_143154 (1)-01 (1)-01.jpeg
Brush: MOAR Boar
Soap: PAA Old Salty
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Wizamet

Excellent shave this morning, refreshing and smooth. To take this one up a notch I think it could do with some menthol so I think I'll be popping some frost drops in it next time.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD 13-Oct
View attachment 112219
Brush: MOAR Boar
Soap: PAA Old Salty
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Wizamet

Excellent shave this morning, refreshing and smooth. To take this one up a notch I think it could do with some menthol so I think I'll be popping some frost drops in it next time.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Now, I do like the name of your soap. Very me. I shall have to pop on the Christmas list.

Fri 13
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Ozark Mountain
Brush Boti 24mm Lemon Candy
Razor Joh Engstrom Eskilstuna Frameback
Excellent soap, brush, and matching splash combination!
This razor's performance is getting better after another refresh on the 0.1um diamond balsa. Enjoyed 3 very smooth and comfortably keen passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20231013_121502.jpg

Back
Top Bottom