Brush: Edwin Jagger Medium Best
Soap: OSP Eucalyptus & Menthol
Razor: PILS 101 NL Hi Polished "Thor's Hammer"
Blade: Personna Med Prep (5)
Post shave: Cold water splash, TC Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Proraso Green
Aftershave: OSP Eucalyptus & Menthol
Wk 52 4. Tu.JPG
Really enjoying this Razor/Blade combo, 5 shaves in and still going.
I am as smooth and soft as a latex balloon.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Tuesday 22nd December 2020 - AM

Pre: hot water, Proraso Sensitive pre-shave cream
Lather: P&B Trafalgar soap
Brush: Yaqi synthetic
Razor: Merkur 39C
Blade: Feather (#1).
Post: Cold rinse, Thayers Unscented, P&B Trafalgar aftershave and balm
EdP: CopyCat Oud Intense

B194EF2A-BDF5-4373-B442-D3C461C874A8.jpeg
2nd use of a slant razor and today tried it with a fresh Feather blade. There's no doubt that my skin prefers sharper blades in assertive razors (I enjoy a Feather in my R41 when there's a few days stubble to attack).

Todays outing was fantastic with a BBS finish after 3 passes. This was on 3 days growth and there wasn't one single complaint from me or the hardware.

The P&B products performed flawlessly though I did think the slickness disappeared slightly during my 2nd pass. Nothing to complain about, just an observation.

Overall a great shave with me feeling glad to have tried a slant.

Have a great day folks!

22 December

Castle Forbes Lavender
Razorock Bruce
Feather AS-D1
Feather Hi-stainless
Proraso white asb
Chanel Bleu

021FA76E-4833-4568-B263-BA43543382B3.jpeg

The Feather razor with the Feather blade is a top combination for me, so smooth and efficient. A great shave was the result, in two passes, with a wonderfully scented lather provided by the Castle Forbes cream.

With the Christmas plans to travel South to see family scrapped I thought I'd have a shave with the stuff I was going to take with me....

Rockwell 6s (plate 4/2) on an Ikon Tuckaway handle ; Gillette Red Stainless ; Simpsons Trafalgar T1 ; Matti Lindholm Shaving Supplies Mild Orange Soap, Nivea Men Protect & Care 2 Phase Aftershave Lotion

201222-SOTD.jpg

Pre: Blooming water from...
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cubebe
Brush: Cadman Carbon Tuxedo
Razor: iKon OSS
Blade: Polsilver Łódź (1)
Smelly: Czech and Speak 88.

This was yesterday's shave, and not a great experience to be honest. Although the result was a near BBS, the process felt rough and I ended up with a few weepers, which is a vanishingly rare thing for me these days. The AS made my face sting like hell, so I followed up with Barts instead of my usual Nivea balm, in the hope that it would calm down the fury. It did a bit, but I still got a sting when I sprayed the C&S 88 a few minutes later.

The only things I can attribute this to is either a dodgy blade, or that I'm becoming too accustomed to coated blades, because the SV lather was lovely and I don't think I did anything different to my normal technique.

It gave me an excuse to buy some Proraso preshave cream though, which I've been meaning to try for ages, so every cloud and all that!

Anyway, I've tossed the Łódź and will give my face a bit of a rest until Christmas Day, when I will have 2 lovely new soaps to choose from, courtesy of the Fruits of Loin...

A shave themed 'vers 2.5.001.27.04'

IMG_20201222_144513.jpg

1.2.001 - Stainless Mongoose
1.2.002 - Feather Super Professional
1.2.003 - Yaqi Dandelion
1.2.004 - ADP Collezione Barbiere
1.2.005 - Nivea moisturiser
1.2.006 - The electric razor ver 1.00

Yak bottom smooth. Better use a blade

And indeed that is what I did. Now I have a new jar of the same ADP this one is proving a little sod to run down. And to think a 250g block of Boellis arrived this morning I shall have to include the new jar of ADP in to my will. Together with several hundred useless DE blades.

But, what a soap it is. And not to be overlooked what is a 'what a soap' without a 'what a brush'. And it is. They are

Mongoose. A God amongst SE razors. Delivers superb smooth, comfortable shaves time after time. What a razor. It is

Ten minutes to heavenly perfection and by far the smoothest crew member compared to the other hairy arsed, hairy faced ragamuffin sea-dogs onboard. Beaver smooth.

Wonderful sink time and so happy I have decided to give you some beautiful Japanese metal merchants to see you out of the SOTD. Enjoy and be well everyone out there.

Back
Top Bottom