Saturday 17th - Friday 23rd December 2022

Saturday AM 2022-12-17
USAF Project Blue Book officially ended on this date in 1969
aGxsq9e.jpg

Rooney 1/1 Ivory Finest (22/45)
Penhaligon's Lords shaving soap (tallow)
Paradigm Diamondback
Iridium Super (10)
Dana Canoe aftershave (vintage)
sZFja6s.jpg

lztA6tA.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
Soap: Extro Cosmesi 17° Stormo
Razor: Gillette Super Speed
Blade: Vintage NOS Aussie Spoiler (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Lider Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Knize Ten Forest EdT

After spending yesterday scribbling up some right old bit of junk I found myself celebrating shaving, by not shaving. So for the first shave of this week of SOTD's I give you the theme, 'Some SPOTTY items'

20221217_205702.jpg

Spotless - Ikon B1 (the silver edition)
Spotify - Polsilver Lodz
Spot the brush - Highlander 26mm Cashmere
Spot the dog - Signature Soaps Londinium
Spot cream - Collegen
Spot the ball - Natures Aid Witch Hazel
Train spotting - Goutal Eau D'Hadrien

'And the winner of the most annoying man of the year goes to........Satanfriendly!'

An award winning shave with a bunch of award winning accoutrements and an award winning finish. The odd one out being the newly acquired Ikon. I don't know why but it feels even more lively and aggressive than my other B1, but hey, I can live with that and it certainly delivered a wonderfully smooth and close shave. A God of razors? Up there.

There is only one sign off...

Oh, and I love you all

1000000649.jpgStarted with a face wash, applied pre-shave oil, worked up a lather, and applied. Started with my VB Stonehenge and felt the blade tugging a little. So I swapped to a 1959 Gillette, always a comfortable shave. Cremos' new Spiced Amber collection(Also referred to as "508") is pretty nice but it seems to take quite a bit of shave cream to work a nice lather. The scent is very warm and pleasing. Strangley enough, this particular Cremo product line is a Walmart exclusive. Comfortable shave overall, 3 passes with no touch-up. Alum stone brought about a pleasant sting in a couple of areas. Cold towel, Aftershave, Shave Balm. Talc for the final step.

Rating: 3.5 / 5

Razor: Gillette 1959 Flare Tip Super Speed
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
Brush: Edwin Jagger Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Old School Cool Formula 1
Lather: Cremo 508
Aftershave: Cremo 508 Balm
Additional Care:
Cremo 508 Cologne
Cold Face Cloth
Hot towel
Jatai Blade Glide Plus
Osma bloc Alum Stone
Pinaud Clubman Talc
Every Man Jack Sea Salt Soap https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/639e83ceea7b8c79278d8642

Sun 18
Soap Wholly Kaw Pomplemo
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Henkotsu Kamisori
Aftershave Clubman Brandy Spice
A nicely creamy and slick lather from the soap. The scent is too mild for me but the brandy spice nailed it.
The last use of this Kamisori was with a diamond balsa edge (a bit lacking) and today's edge was put through the LaLune with oil yesterday. The resulting shave today was noticeably better. Softer and crispier in 3 passes for a bbs-ccs finish...
20221218_115853.jpg

Sat 17th December

Simpson Chubby 1 - Maggards ED2band
Hampshire Wool Fat soap
Occams Enoch
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 4 )
GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

Sometimes I cannot get a consistent Shaving angle with this Razor, but today I got it spot on throughout. So today was a satisfying experience, being rewarded with a Top Notch finish.

40448A42-0C54-4D14-85D6-17307195F976.jpeg

SOTD: 18th December 2022.

6.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Palmolive Naturals Olive & Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega S10018.
Face Lather.
Lather: Nivea Men Body Shaving Stick.
Blade: Gillette 365. (D2)
Razor: Parker 87R.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Giorgio Beverly Hills Ocean Dream ASL. / Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

A wonderful performance from the Parker 87R / Gillette 365 duo.

Each and every shave that I've have had with the Parker 87R the results have been excellent, today was no exception.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling cool, smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay Safe, and enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Sat 17th December

Simpson Chubby 1 - Maggards ED2band
Hampshire Wool Fat soap
Occams Enoch
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 4 )
GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

Sometimes I cannot get a consistent Shaving angle with this Razor, but today I got it spot on throughout. So today was a satisfying experience, being rewarded with a Top Notch finish.

View attachment 97656

So no compulsory cut by the bottom lip this time Mike?

Back
Top Bottom