Sample packs?

Hi all, I suppose this one could go in a number of sections but as I'm asking for some advice I'll shove it in here....

As a newbie I'm still on a voyage of discovery, and come pay day I plan to expand by getting in a couple of samples. First off I'll get a blade sample pack, even though it has derbys in :cry:

I have previously tried a taylors cream and aftershave samples from connaught (loved the eton college) plus also connaughts own shave cream (peppermint). Plus I have had Nannys samples, very nice and still some left......

My question is I've seen the Trumpers sample packs (the big one with colognes, creams and balms) and the Truefitts sample packs and are tempted by these. i wondered if an one had tried either or preferably both and can advise whether they think one is better value or quality than the other. I know scents etc are individual and eventually I will no doubt try both but if one is by far superior to the other then I'd like to try that first.

Obviously if there are better sample offerings out there then I'd be grateful for some pointers (maybe a mix and match at connaughts would be better and more cost effective?).....

cheers guys for any advice....

Jack Force said:
As a newbie I'm still on a voyage of discovery, and come pay day I plan to expand by getting in a couple of samples. First off I'll get a blade sample pack, even though it has derbys in :cry:

I'm sure if you asked Paul to substitute something else for the Derbys that you've already tried he's not going to go up in a mushroom cloud - he might of course say no, but you won't know unless you ask...

Cheers for the reply, good idea.

Although when I think about it, perhaps I should try another sample of derbys in case the first pack I tried just had a couple of poor blades. Give them a second chance kind of thing. I still have a couple left so they may be fine.

Jack Force said:
Hi all, I suppose this one could go in a number of sections but as I'm asking for some advice I'll shove it in here....

I have previously tried a taylors cream and aftershave samples from connaught (loved the eton college) plus also connaughts own shave cream (peppermint). Plus I have had Nannys samples, very nice and still some left......

My question is I've seen the Trumpers sample packs (the big one with colognes, creams and balms) and the Truefitts sample packs and are tempted by these. i wondered if an one had tried either or preferably both and can advise whether they think one is better value or quality than the other. I know scents etc are individual and eventually I will no doubt try both but if one is by far superior to the other then I'd like to try that first.

Obviously if there are better sample offerings out there then I'd be grateful for some pointers (maybe a mix and match at connaughts would be better and more cost effective?).....

cheers guys for any advice....

I have had the Trumpers one and I was pleased with it. Some of the colognes weren't for me, but that's like you say just individual taste.

The creams were very nice and I managed two shaves from each pot. As for the Skin Food VERY nice, so nice it prompted me in to getting a 100ml bottle. Which should last a fair while as it goes a long way. Not all of the colognes were included but on ordering the Skin Food I asked, and received the ones that weren't included.

Seeing as I'm in sample mode I have ordered three more Nannys samples aswell. Theres so much stuff out there to try!!!! I'm loving it.

Back
Top Bottom