Sample Packs Arrived!

I've just received my Czech and Speake sample pack and also a selection of Floris fragrances. Both excellent value - C&P cost £2.50 for 9 samples (but comes with a £5 voucher off my next purchase) and the 8 Floris samples cost the grand total of 1 email.

I particularly want a new aftershave splash as my last 'posh' one (Aqua di Parma) caused me sneezing issues. So far my favourite scents are JF by Floris, which is a very light scent (accurately categorised as citrus / floral) and Frankincense and Myrrh by C&P.

Unfortunately the C&P F&M(!) isn't available as an aftershave, being cologne only. The JF scent however is available as an aftershave (and half price in the winter sale) and seems light enough to be usable every day - so it's looking favourite.

That said, I'll keep wearing the F&M and see if I can convince the missus that it would make a good Father's day present when that eventually comes around!!

For info - the Floris samples at 2ml whereas the C&P samples are 1ml only.

Cheers for bringing this to my attention - I have just ordered the Czech and Speake sample pack for £2.50.

Good call on the Floris JF too, I bought the EDT in the winter sale and it's very nice indeed.

I got the info from a thread in this forum entitled "Any 'sample' sets for me to get?" so you should start there, but I will say that you can get the C&P sample set at: http://www.czechandspeake.com/Samples

Also, Trufitt and Hill have recently expanded their sample packs (they only did the creams & balms pack when I ordered), but they are more pricey: http://www.truefittandhill.co.uk/viewproducts.php?selection=Sample%20Packs

Cheers
Stu

Another day, another envelope. This time I received my requested samples of DR Harris Arlington and Marlborough colognes. These samples are delivered as single use wet wipes (I was going to call them towelettes but couldn't bring myself to use the term.) I've had a go with the Marlborough and am quite taken with it - fairly light and sweet, but with a nice woody undertone.

The problem with so many samples from such good manufacturers is that there are bound to be a lot of nice products - my wallet would probably have been safer had I stuck to just a few!

-- edit --
Have now tried out the Arlington. The description says it's citrussy, but that should probably have said 100% lemon - it kind of reminds me of flash now it's settled down. Overall, I think Marlborough suits me better.

I recently received my C&S sampler as well, after it being in the mail for more than a month! Actually I had given up on it, thinking that some postie smelled really nice by now...

Tried the Frankinscence and Myhrr the other day, and I think it's alarmingly close to Aqua Velva. Mind you, I'm not that great at describing scents, but once it got on my skin, I thought: "well, this is like Aqua Velva".

I guess you could get an Aqua Velva aftershave for around 4 ort 5 quid for 50ml, and for arguments sake, let's say an aftershave is only half as pungent as a cologne. That means you'd have to pay around 16 to 20 quid to get the same amount of wears out of Aqua Velva as the F&M form S&C.

There's a long way up to 75 quid for 100ml F&M. That is, if you find some resemblance between the two scents as I do.

---

Now I love the Vetiver Vert scent and the Oxford and Cambridge scent. Also I like the Cuba scent (I know, it's on somebody's scents-that-should-have-never-been-made list).

Today I'm wearing Cuba.

/Max

mstrunck said:
I recently received my C&S sampler as well, after it being in the mail for more than a month! Actually I had given up on it, thinking that some postie smelled really nice by now...

Tried the Frankinscence and Myhrr the other day, and I think it's alarmingly close to Aqua Velva. Mind you, I'm not that great at describing scents, but once it got on my skin, I thought: "well, this is like Aqua Velva".

I guess you could get an Aqua Velva aftershave for around 4 ort 5 quid for 50ml, and for arguments sake, let's say an aftershave is only half as pungent as a cologne. That means you'd have to pay around 16 to 20 quid to get the same amount of wears out of Aqua Velva as the F&M form S&C.

There's a long way up to 75 quid for 100ml F&M. That is, if you find some resemblance between the two scents as I do.

---

Now I love the Vetiver Vert scent and the Oxford and Cambridge scent. Also I like the Cuba scent (I know, it's on somebody's scents-that-should-have-never-been-made list).

Today I'm wearing Cuba.

/Max

I did go mad last year and got the F&M, way before their price rise, it was that or the Oxford & Cambridge. Two totally different scents, both equally very nice.

As for the Cuba, just watch for people checking their shoes around you today. Only kidding, it's all personal taste. I think to a degree as well scents smell different on different people.

Interesting T and H will send samples and products to every country in the world BUT Canada and The United Stated? I was going to make a negative comment, but it's 25£ I'll spend somewhere that will.

Johnus said:
Interesting T and H will send samples and products to every country in the world BUT Canada and The United Stated? I was going to make a negative comment, but it's 25£ I'll spend somewhere that will.

Is there any potential problem concerning airline restrictions on fluid containing alcohols to those countries do you think ? I'm sure I've seen notes on U.S. based sellers on occasion saying that certain fluids cannot be despatched via airmail.

JohnnyO.\:icon_rolleyes:

Johnus said:

I'm not completely sure about this, but I think it's because T&H have a dedicated US franchise serving both territories. Their site is:

http://www.truefittandhill.com

Have a check there - if all else fails send a mail to customer support.

mstrunck said:

---

Today I'm wearing Cuba.

/Max

I have a colleague who flits back and forth between here and the states. I've been thinking of asking him to get me a bottle of Aqua Velva, now you've convinced me. As you say, it's worth a dabble - nothing much to lose.

I agree on the Vetiver Vert - it didn't do much for me on the paper but came out really well when I wore it. My wife was impressed but thought it smelled a bit Christmassy (her description) and so wasn't sure if I could wear it all year round. Personally I think that's over-thinking it a bit!

Oxford + Cambridge is a nice fragrance but reminds me of fabric softener. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I'm not sure it's what I want out of an aftershave.

Today I'm wearing the last of my T&H Grafton sample. I like the balm and the scent, but it's a bit everyday for the price (in my opinion) so I'll move on to the next one.

The biggest issue I have with the C&S samples is, that I find myself really liking these scents and disliking their pricing.

Normally I wear aftershave, which does it for me all day, and buying cologne instead, I would only need half as much. But even buying two bottles of aftershave would in most cases be much less than the 75 quid asked of C&S.

Maybe this calls for a future let's-split-a-bottle-two-or-three-ways kind of group buy.

/Max

Back
Top Bottom