Saint Charles shave creams

fozz77 said:
Has anyone tried their soaps?

Yep, I tried the New Spice, which smelt great (like A*men cologne).

Simply couldn't get decent lather out of it either. Not slick, dried too fast. I've tried so many times.

I have a theory that some of the small artisanal soap makers from the US may use a formula that is quite specific to their local water. Probably hasn't been tested with hard London water! :mrgreen:

John

jhclare said:
I have a theory that some of the small artisanal soap makers from the US may use a formula that is quite specific to their local water. Probably hasn't been tested with hard London water! :mrgreen:

I have an alternative theory, that some of the small artisanal soap makers from the US (and elsewhere) may use a formula that is quite specifically unsuited as shaving soap... It is not as if the information how to make a shaving soap is readily available, and many artisanal soap makers apparently do not invest the time to find the information (which is available, if you really know where to look - but not on the internet and not in the modern home soap making books), do not invest enough time in product testing, and apparently often get insincere feedback (as in: my husband, friend, neighbour tells me it is a great shaving soap - yeah right...).

I'd stick with MB, Henk and Nannys anyday.
I thought the performance of this one sucked. We have soft water too.

Ingredients:
Aqua, Sodium Coco Sulfate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Shea Butter, Sweet almond oil, Castor oil, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycol stearate, Tetrasodium salts, Methylcellulose, Emulsifying wax, fragrance, no color added.

sonny said:
I'd stick with MB, Henk and Nannys anyday.
I thought the performance of this one sucked. We have soft water too.

Ingredients:
Aqua, Sodium Coco Sulfate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Shea Butter, Sweet almond oil, Castor oil, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycol stearate, Tetrasodium salts, Methylcellulose, Emulsifying wax, fragrance, no color added.

No way you can make a decent shaving soap with these ingredients... This is a syndet (based on sodium coco sulfate, sodium lauryl sulfoacetate, and sodium laureth sulfate), thickened with stearic acid, shea butter, oils, methyl cellulose. This will basically behave like a shampoo or liquid hand cleanser...

Back
Top Bottom