safetyrazors.co.uk Wow!

Just wanted to give some kudos to Dave from Safety Razors

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://safetyrazors.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://safetyrazors.co.uk/</a><!-- m -->

This guy is an absolute shaving God.

Took a rather grotty Fat Boy (Bought from the U.S off FleaBay), and turned it into the shiny wonderment that it is today.

I sent it to him on Friday, got it back yesterday. Cleaned, serviced, re plated.
He also sent it back by recorded, without even asking for payment prior to returning it!! (I did of course pay him though!)

All for a ridiculously small sum of money, honestly don't know how he provides such an excellent service combined with such good value.

Thank you so much Dave, on a crappy day when I've I had to attend a really upsetting funeral, your service and quality of work really cheered me up no end.

Attachments

• IMG_5945.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 687
Hi David (and guys)

Thank's so much for the kind words, it's really appreciated.

With regards the plating service - I really don't do it for profit, I began my career as an engineer, then went into computing and marketing - but once an engineer..etc.

I put together the kit to plate my own razors - I collect English razors (English made Gillettes and lesser makes) and some were less than usable when I acquired them.

Plating razors for you guys helps to pay for the chemicals etc required and also provides me with my 'engineering fix' too. Achieving something that will give the shaver another 50 years or so of enjoyment is also satisfying. Unfortunately this will never be possible with the Mach3, Fusions etc - they just aren't made to last more than ayear or so.

Best wishes

Good to see you post here David, and thanks again for the stellar work you did with my H3 Slim and those collars.

I was wondering if there were any real sort of guidelines as to what we might be looking for in regards to choosing what razors might be better for plating, and/or what pieces might be unacceptable/too much trouble/'not worth' plating.

Say for example a 3-piece, all metal, open-comb Laurel, that looks fine but doesn't have any shine. Or my 3-piece, all metal, open-comb Souplex with only about half of the logo (under the bottom plate) is really discernible. Both of which I got on eBay for under £10..00 (with other razors as well).

or pieces that look quite pitted/rusty ... how bad is too bad to worry about?

.... and stuff like that.

I to gave him a rather shabby looking fatboy, That he transformed into a swan, I was giving this as a gift and he put a personal touch on it and painted the numbers red/black and it was returned in a nice looking gift box and all done for good price. He also kept me up dated on times as well, I would recommend him not only for outstanding customer service but also for outstanding workmanship and I believe a lot of traders would do well to follow his lead.
Below is the fatboy he done for me which was received by the new owner with a big smile.

Attachments

• fatboy-red2.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 520
Dave did a great job on one of my Slim Adjustables earlier in the year.

At first I was a bit underwhelmed as there seemed to be a fingerprint in the new plating on the head, but after taking his advice to give it a few goes with a metal polish it vanished. I felt really bad about even having brought it up with him before having the sense to give it a few polishes myself. Ach well, I was new to the whole DE shaving experience back then. :oops:

A really top-class service that I can't recommend enough. I'll likely use it again at some point on one of my Fatboys or my New (if gold-plating's an option).

FrenchBlade said:
Just a question, is this plating service also for gold plating, or just the normal stuff?

Max

At the moment, I think he's not doing gold; I think he used to though.

Your best bet is, probably, to shoot him an email and get the direct scoop on the options available, as things might have changed at any time in this crazy world.

Dave told me last week that he's only doing nickel plating at the moment. Also he's away for a fortnight from Wednesday I think, so you might want to get in touch either before then or wait a little while for a response.

Can I add that over the last 3 weeks as a new convert to the DE scene have used a number of suppliers to build up a shaving collection that I can enjoy. Today my 3rd new razor I have ordered arrived from SafetyRazor.co.uk an Edwin Jagger.
This is the first time I have used this company and what a pleasure to have a rare simple touch a signed invoice " Best Wishes Dave " signed in ink with a fountain pen. It goes with ought saying this will be the first place I will look in future re my shaving needs.
Pete

Back
Top Bottom