S.O.T.D. w/c Saturday 7th - Friday 13th December 2013, incl.

Good morning from Singapore.

Christmas is coming closer; wishing all to have a nice weekend.

34G & Super Iridium (#2)
No. 48
The Body Shop Maca Root
Aqua Velva

SOTD_07Dec2013_zps068c35ff.jpg

Musgo glycerin soap * Kent H8 Brush * Stirling Barbershop * Ever Ready 1912 * Thayers Witchhazel * Klamperts Finest Bay Rum (Acadian Spice)

I have been learning straight shaving with my first ever straight and my Feather Artist Club SS. I fancied a change this weekend and found my 1912. A simply brilliant shave, 3 passes BBS with no nicks, weepers or irritation.

2d825a7ca99e03551ced05eb5b07aa10_zps5ac49fec.jpg

Shaved off the 10 week old beard of intimidation on Monday, but am missing it so much, have decided to let it grow back to its former glory - and beyond.

The tache of awesomeness is being maintained today using Mr King's Marvelous Moustache Wax.

Citrusy, which makes a refreshing change.

Chanel Antaeus EDT.

Before and after beard shave ...

Saturday:

Afternoon, everyone.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Sodial/Junjie
Blade: Boots own brand (1)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Palmolive
Aftershave: Ogallala Bay Rum, Lime, and Peppercorn
Cologne: Kouros

Althought the blade was a bit rough and tuggy, it gave a very smooth and irritation-free shave.

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso preshave - sensitive
Soap: MWF
Brush: MÜHLE Kosmo silvertip synthetic
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Razor: Weber + Bulldog
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (1)
After: Proraso Gel Riparatore (for weeper), Aqua Velva Musk AS.

Having used MWF with great success yesterday and I finding myself faceturbating yesterday afternoon I had to repeat the MWF experience again today.

If anyone is having difficulties with MWF (I have in the past) I'd recommend loading a bit longer and using a good sized ridged bowl like in the photo and lather with a bit more energy and you'll be rewarded with an excellent creamy result. Best skin conditioning there is.

Nicked myself under my chin due to lack of concentration and basically having too much fun. Sorted out with a touch of Proraso Gel Riparatore (gel form of Styptic Pencil) that I got as a freebee.

Result: A very enjoyable BBS.

SOTD20131207_zpsedb55efd.jpg

joe mcclaine said:
Shaved off the 10 week old beard of intimidation on Monday, but am missing it so much, have decided to let it grow back to its former glory - and beyond.

Man, I hate to say it but you look much better with lots of hair covering your face. Yeah, there's waaay too much of Vinnie exposed to prying eyes now. Jeez, that 'after' shot is creepy as hell...no offense meant of course.

Now keeping in mind this is meant to be a helpful post, I have an idea! If you really wanna show people what you truly look like, then go ahead and grow your beard back but even longer this time. Then, shave everything off above your jaw line. Yes, even that ridiculous looking mustache (no offense once again). I mean jeeez, what a pain having to eat with that thing hanging in everything.

That will leave you a VERY impressive neck beard and it will look extremely sophisticated. Almost like wearing a neck merkin or a hair dicky. Think of how proud your kids will be, hanging with you in public. Priceless.

Anyway, just a thought from a concerned forum member,

Martin

Haven't post here very often lately (or not at all, tbh), but today's shave is definitely worth mentioning.
So, to kick the day off, a usual cold shower.
Set up:
Proraso pre/post
La Pere Lucien shaving soap
Muehle synthetic silvertip in real horn
Gillette Aristocrat w/Polsilver
La Toja AS
Floris Santal ASB

Let's start with the soap. I was intrigued by this new 'MdC knock-off' artisan soap, and Alex from Gallant&Klein kindly provided a sample to try it out. So, did it live up to the expectations? COMPLETELY. Great scent - although a bit too subtle once lathered up, I would prefer a more concentrated version (which I've heard are available from the maker) to enjoy it fully. I can't recall original MdC scent, as I've been mostly using unscented and Fougere versions, so can't tell if it's similar, but it's definitely herbty/lavendery/just great.
Lathering properties are great too - I rubbed the sample onto my stubble and face lathered, and in terms of ease of lathering and time it's on par with Tabac, I've got to say. Performance was great as well, although Aristo being a super gentle razor I can't tell for sure how good it is until I try it with a slant. Skincare properties seem pretty good too - skin feels fresh and supple.
I also have to mention that Polsilvers (also provided by G&K) are really good blades, but again - I'll reserve a final judgement until I try them out in a slant.
All in all - exceptionally pleasant and comfortable shave, and I can definitely recommend this soap to anyone who's been curious about it.

Saturday 12-07-13. MUSIC: Jhonny Winter - And (1970).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AgkC1wnvH4[/video]

Afeitado_2013-12-07_zps0ac1f574.jpg

Soap from Alepo - Chubby 1 best badger - Gillette Fat Boy - Voskhod #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream êShave Orange & Sandalwood - Alum block - Thayers Original Astringent - ASB Health & Aloe CRG - ASL Aubrey Organics Cityrhythms.

Saturday 7th December

SOTD71213_zps14311129.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
TOBS Rose cream scuttle lathered
Simpson Tulip 1 super badger brush
Gillette 1956 Red tip superspeed
Gillette super thin (3)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Myrsol F/extra aftershave

A fine shave today. I'm still shaving around the ingrown that popped up the other day :mad: hopefull the hair will break out and the bump be gone.

dodgy said:
joe mcclaine said:

Man, I hate to say it but you look much better with lots of hair covering your face. Yeah, there's waaay too much of Vinnie exposed to prying eyes now. Jeez, that 'after' shot is creepy as hell...no offense meant of course.

Now keeping in mind this is meant to be a helpful post, I have an idea! If you really wanna show people what you truly look like, then go ahead and grow your beard back but even longer this time. Then, shave everything off above your jaw line. Yes, even that ridiculous looking mustache (no offense once again). I mean jeeez, what a pain having to eat with that thing hanging in everything.

That will leave you a VERY impressive neck beard and it will look extremely sophisticated. Almost like wearing a neck merkin or a hair dicky. Think of how proud your kids will be, hanging with you in public. Priceless.

Anyway, just a thought from a concerned forum member,

Martin

Lol Crush his nuts Vinnie !!!!! Crush em, He's taking the piss I tells yer (just don't let him rob your bathroom cabinet and drink your aftershave) make him cry :icon_cry2: :icon_cry2:

Today's shave

Gillette FatBoy set on No5
Feather blade
Kent Bk8 brush
Nanny's nutmeg spice (face lartherd)
Old Spice White Water splash

7days of beard ripped off for a BSS WTG finish :D:D

Back
Top Bottom