Nice close & comfortable shave today!

Prep - Shower / Woods Of Windsor Cedar Woods soap / Pre-lather / 3 min steam
Razor - GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf
Blade - Personna GEM SE Stainless (#2)
Brush - Omega 20106
Soap - Arko
After - Frozen towel / Alum & WH Mix
Result - Way beyond BBS!!!

Another rare daytime shave, peace and quiet, pure unadulterated bliss.
It's shaves like this when I challenge the idea of closer shaves with a straight, even in the hands of the world's best barber.
I know I couldn't get a more comfortable result.
The first WTG pass was as good as three passes with a DE. The second ATG pass, left the shiny wet rubber finish that I only ever get with SE. I know I'll still be BBS by this time tomorrow.

I think you are right - you can get as close as a straight with SE. There was a guy on Straight Razor Place who argued that no razor with a safety bar could get as close as a straight - his theory was that the straight acted like a squeegee and could cut off hairs below skin level, whereas it was not possible to do this with a safety bar either open or closed.

It's an interesting theory but not something I could necessarily agree with because I can get BBS with either but always have to shave 24 hours later - in other words his theory about cutting below skin level should leave me feeling smoother after a day, but it doesn't feel like it.

Arko stick
Omega 49
11H New, Gillette Swede
Green Tonic

1st go with a Swede and by 'eck t'was grand. Shaved off a months beard to reveal I've morphed into a Billy Bunter version of myself over Christmas. Swimming tonight.

Bulldog Face Wash
Vicco Turmeric Shaving Cream
Ever Ready 500N Synthetic
Face Lathered
AutoStrop Valet VC1 & GEM Stainless (8)
Single Pass - WTG (Slide)

IMG_2730_Fotor.jpg

Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Witch Hazel Toner
Blue Stratos Aftershave
Jacques Bogart Signature EDT​

Stirling Barbershop Soap Sample
Stirling Sharp Dressed Man Balm
EJ DE89
Polsilver SI Blade
Muhle Synthetic Brush

Great shave with the Stirling soap sample. I can see me getting a puck or two.

SOFD 10th-JANUARY-2016

IT has been a wonderful, awesome and very pleasurable shave. The ONEBLADE razor doesn't stop surprising. After using it for the first time at the end of December I haven't used another. It provides outstanding close shave that no other razor can provide, not in two passes at least. I left my beard to grow for five days and one pass in favor and other against the hair growth and I got what we call in Spain "Culito de Bebe" (smooth as a baby's bud)

I used the new OSP soaps, it a a hideously amazing post shave. It must have high concentrations of karite butter. The slide the leather gives is also excellent. Very good soaps at a cheap price as well. The bay Rum smells really good!!! It is out of this world!!!!

277be596ca9af077635cbbe0aee2c82d.jpg

Here are some pictures of the leather it gives out

Leather left after the second pass.
3ee2e9329078b330dba7808c0394646c.jpg

Leather left in the brush after 2 passes in my face and 3 passes in my head.
b5976250972e1b58a22de7fc7d395e83.jpg

Hmmm.......Chiseled Face Trade Winds , nice , rugged , manly scent but the lather kind of died on me tonight.
2nd use of the PAL Injector Adjustable and as a consequence the Chinese made Schick Injector blade and it was smoother than the first shave and it felt almost as if there wasn't a blade in it when on the flat and smooth parts of the face. It lets me down a bit on the neck and is a bit rough on the chin so far at these early stages but an enjoyable piece of kit . Just look at the thing , it looks like something Captain James T Kirk of the Starship Enterprise would use.
I never seem to have much luck with samples, I don't know why that is?

Chiseled Face Groomatorium Trade Winds (sample)
SOC Badger Brush
PAL Adjustable
Schick Blade (2)
Nivea Balm
e627cd703573d11ed0d41b239578c3b6.jpg
Stunning razor isn't it - I couldn't get a shave out of mine so moved it on...

Back
Top Bottom