S.O.T.D. Saturday 7th May 2016 to Friday 13th May 2016

Tues 10th May

Omega s10065
Nivea Original Cream
Schick L 1 injector
Schick S/S Twin ex Japan [ 1 ] *
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

* Note use of Twin Blade in This Razor , a First For Me.

My first use of a Modern Twin Injector Blade . Thanks to " Fergiebilly" for saying Twins would work in All Schicks after the G [ not in those with rising lever ], I decided to try it in the L 1. Loading the Japanese Schick was no problem.

As with the Schick Adjustable this Razor is transformed, when a Twin Blade is used. To say the shave was smooth is an understatement , got a really close finish without feeling any possibility of nicks etc. Finished the shave and could have just rinsed off the lather and walked away, there was no need for any post shave treatment, but use an A/S as force of habit.

Needless to say having tried these blades, and found them to be excellent I have ordered more.

IMG_0513.jpg

nhRSkxKh.png

Pure minty greatness in a bottle!

Gillette NEW LC
Rapira Platinum Lux blade
Whipped Dog synthetic brush 24mm
TFS Linea Tradizionale Barba Gialla soap
Pitralon Classic aftershave

Another smooth, but careful, shave with the NEW LC. It's at the upper limit of what is still comfortable for me, being notably more aggressive than my Fatip Grande razor.

SOTD Tue. 5/10/16
Prep: Noxzema Classic
PSO: None
SS: Soap of The Gods Jared
SB: Semogue 620 Boar
Razor: Evahs
Blade: Polsilver SI
ASB: Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill
Shower Soap Bar: Grandpa's Patchouli/Aloe
Cologne: Acqua Di Selva by Visconti Di Modrone

Good morning guys. Wonderful shave this morning with the Evahs and a Polsilver blade, such a lovely combo for a smooth close trouble free shave. The Jared soap offers excellent protection while filling the room with a beautiful luxurious scent. Great start to the day. Have a good one folks. :)

SOTD may 10_2016_5.jpg
Cobra/Feather // EnvyShave // Phoenix and Beau

This is an unusual (scent-wise) and pretty awesome soap. I could have loaded more, but even with a thin third pass the performance was excellent. Even better was the post shave feel. The scent changes throughout the shave leaving a surprisingly sweet afterglow. Nice...

Last edited:
Tuesday 10 May 2016

236371d1462892112-sun-may-08th-sat-may-14th-sotd-10052016.jpg

Mastro Livi Carbon Damascus "100 Layers", 13/16 Extra Hollow, Square Point

Still on the road and still traveling with this Mastro Livi one hundread layers carbon damascus razor. Today's shave was also the occasion to test this Omega Hi-Brush Barber's Pole. After having tried for a long time to get an Omega brush with a Hi-Brush loft, I finally managed to buy one in a shop. I opted for this lovely barber's pole handle which was, in my opinion, a little disappointing. The barber's pole usually consists in a tube with spiraling stripes giving the well known effect when in motion. This brush looks like a real barber's pole only if you watch in from the front, while if you turn it to a different position you do not have the spiral effect anymore. As for the loft, I must say this Omega Hi-Brush is very good, certainly one of the very best synthetic brushes I have ever tested, very soft yet being quite stiff, giving a nice feedback on the skin as well as being very good in mounting lather. The finishing touch was provided by Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve aftershave, one of my favorite fragrances. I simply love it!​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: De Vergulde Hande
  • Brush: Omega Hi-Brush 146735 Barber's Pole
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Carbon Damascus "100 Layers", 13/16 Extra Hollow, Square Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbria Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

Back
Top Bottom