S.O.T.D. Saturday 5th December to Friday 11th December 2015

Acca Kappa Silvertip Badger shaving brush / De Vergulde Hand shaving soap / Hone Type 15 safety razor + Gillette Silver Blue blade / Myrsol Agua Balsámica aftershave

1c5a685a3ef36542bea64b9b9f64b292.jpg

PAL Injectomatic...:)
DSC_0178_zpsco2d2s8b.jpg

Three Shaving Pass Routine..:cool:

Hot Water prep & massage with Coconut Oil
PAL Injectomatic
Chinese Schick Injector Blade x 4
Semogue Boar Brush
Ingram Shaving Cream (added Argan oil)
Organic Aloe Vera Gel
LOGONA Mann Aftershave Splash (From Germany)

I had the most Joyful shave to day with my PAL Injectomatic ...Mighty Mouse or What.!...I mean this Baby just shaves as smooth as those Twin blades an all...Doesn't Miss a Whisker & offers the Most perfect BBS Result of my life...They say Variety is the Spice of Life...These Pal Injectors just make me question that One all the way to Hell & Back...Good Karma to you All..:p

Billy

My first ever shave with a DE razor, courtesy of the newbie pass-round kit

Prep: Shower & Clinique face wash (Meant to hot towel but forgot!)
Soap: Kent luxury shaving soap
Brush: "The Grosvenor"
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Derby
Post: Nivea post shave balm & rich moisturiserIMG_20151211_140914.jpg

The 1914 is a really exquisite shave. Got so close, will have to wait impatiently for the next.

It is, isn't it? Classy, I'd call it. Close, too, as you've witnessed.

Lovely to see an old 1914 in action there. By old, I mean one of the earlier ones, ones with nubs to hold the blade. All too often, 1914s of this vintage have had their nubs worn off and so I advise that folks look to the later ones which had hooks if they're going to dip their toe. More older ones for you and me, eh? :D

IMG_2487.JPG

Bulldog Face Wash
Jade East Shaving Cream
Plisson Synthetic
Face Lathered
Ever Ready 1924 'Imperial Deluxe' w/Red Horseman 'Swing' Handle
GEM Stainless (5)
Single Pass - WTG (Slide)
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Witch Hazel Toner
Jade East Aftershave
Ted Lapidus Pour Homme EDT
Surrati Sulltan Silver Attar (Wrists)

Sweet God of mercy, I managed to finish the pair (the second Joseph Elliot, best silver steel, the bottom one, that complicated my life when I made the mistake to go for a more intricate detail). TOBS sandalwood (well...anything but...if we keep OSP in mind) cream and aftershave gel along with a Dalvey synthetic brush (to support the local business)

IMG_5025%202_1.jpg

An embarrassment of riches...
LA Shaving Soap Co. BBS-1 loaded with a Polsilver blade, lather and post shave provided by Cold River Soap Works Fall 2015 soap and aftershave balm, whipped up with The Varlet Orion Finest brush.
SOTD Dec 11 2015_sm.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom