S.O.T.D. Saturday 3rd June to Friday 9th June 2017

SOTD

D.R. Harris Windsor Soap
Simpson Classic 1 Synthetic Brush
Geo. Wostenholm & Son Genuine Pipe Razor
D.R. Harris Windsor Aftershave Balm
D.R. Harris Windsor Eau de Toilette

34296320644_ff66a70575_z.jpg

Not used a SR in 6 weeks or so, a bit iffy to start with but just like riding a bike it all comes back to you in no time... And yes, Windsor is my favourite shaving software in the world :D

Tue 06/06/17

SAM_0382_1_1_pe.jpg

Pre Shave: Face wash with L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil (don't tell SWMBO)
Cream: British Barbers Association Shave Cream
Brush: Zenith B03-A26 Bristle
Bowl: Giles Shaving
Blade: Israeli Personna (5)
Razor: Rockwell 6C (#4)
EDT: Issey Miyake Sport Homme

A cold water shave tonight...

The BBA cream was excellent, plenty of protection, glide and residual slickness - three passes with Rockwell and the Personna is now done.

6 06 17a.jpg
Razor: Scimitar Bluebeard's Revenge
Blade: Pol Silver (3)
Brush: Shavemac ATG LE The Nisky Silvertip Fan
Soap: Nuavia Verde
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger

It's been raining here for 3 days and after I finished everything I had to finish I decided to relax and have a great shave. It was an excellent 3 passes with an amazing lather that I whipped up in my new The Distinctive Goat Maple Cherry wood bowl.
FullRibbedMapleCherry.jpg

View attachment 25775
Razor: Scimitar Bluebeard's Revenge
Blade: Pol Silver (3)
Brush: Shavemac ATG LE The Nisky Silvertip Fan
Soap: Nuavia Verde
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger

It's been raining here for 3 days and after I finished everything I had to finish I decided to relax and have a great shave. It was an excellent 3 passes with an amazing lather that I whipped up in my new The Distinctive Goat Maple Cherry wood bowl.
View attachment 25776
Fabulous bowl. :)

Tuesday

3P preshave cream
Vitos Green soap
Semogue Owners Club 2012 Special edition
Kai Captain Excelia loaded with a Feather Super Pro (#1)
Alum Block
A new mix of buttters for post shave.
James Bronnley Gentleman's EDT

Decided to slip in a pseudo straight shave today. A really good 2 pass shave with touch up.
I must admit....the Excelia is not my favourite razor. In my opinion it is more difficult to use than the Feather
SS.....but I do use it occasionally. The Eagle eyes will have noticed that I took the photo BEFORE I loaded
the blade!
Post shave was inspired by @Blademonkey . I made up a mix of Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter and Coconut oil.
It looks good so far and is absorbed much more quickly.

Razor: SE2 with Atlas handle
Razor blade/s: Kai Captain mild and Feather Pro
Brush: Romera Manchurian
Soap: Saponifico Varesino Tundra Artica

Firstly a big thank you to @Nishy for the loan of the SE2 (first version).

I wasn't sure what blade to try first as I'd heard the SE2 was on aggressive side.
I decided to go with the Kai Captain mild (no guard).
On the first pass I found the blade tuggy and rough so I tried to swap it for a Proline but it wouldn't fit.
I did find the Proline was a tight fit on the SE1 too why h is something for me to consider if I do end up buying one.

I changed the blade to a Feather Pro (2) and things improved, slightly on the second pass.
On the third pass I was tempted to go back to the SE1 as I was finding the shave pretty rough. I decided to stick with it but didn't enjoy the shave at all. I didn't find the teeth an issue, as I've found with some OC.

I wasn't left with any tenderness but it wasn't a comfortable shave.

Thanks to Avnish for sending the razor, it's been a great help.

Love spreads.......

Razor: SE2 with Atlas handle
Razor blade/s: Kai Captain mild and Feather Pro
Brush: Romera Manchurian
Soap: Saponifico Varesino Tundra Artica

Firstly a big thank you to @Nishy for the loan of the SE2 (first version).

I wasn't sure what blade to try first as I'd heard the SE2 was on aggressive side.
I decided to go with the Kai Captain mild (no guard).
On the first pass I found the blade tuggy and rough so I tried to swap it for a Proline but it wouldn't fit.
I did find the Proline was a tight fit on the SE1 too why h is something for me to consider if I do end up buying one.

I changed the blade to a Feather Pro (2) and things improved, slightly on the second pass.
On the third pass I was tempted to go back to the SE1 as I was finding the shave pretty rough. I decided to stick with it but didn't enjoy the shave at all. I didn't find the teeth an issue, as I've found with some OC.

I wasn't left with any tenderness but it wasn't a comfortable shave.

Thanks to Avnish for sending the razor, it's been a great help.

Love spreads.......

Nice review :)
With regards to the Proline blades being a tight fit, those were exactly my findings in the SE1 too.

Back
Top Bottom