S.O.T.D. Saturday 3rd January to Friday 9th January 2015

8 January 2015 Planned Shave

16200667036_9d5b9ef0d8_c.jpg

Yesterdays shave:-
Tiki Davey Jones Locker (sample)
Muhle V2
Mongoose/w Kronos handle
Kai titan mild [1]

A sample kindly donated by a fellow forum member, the soap performs the same as Razorock croaps i.e easy to lather and slick with nice after feel. The scent of the soap to my nose is blackcurrant and coriander, very pleasant ( no musty corpse smell :icon_razz:)

Spear321 said:
Jonnyboy I have found it's not so much the result as tons less razor burn. And yes I tried it with hot water the other day and the razor burn on the neck reappeared.
So cold water and in this weather very bracing shaves for me.

I totally agree with you

Greetings

Thursday 8th January 2014
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick Adjustable
Blade: Schick Super Stainless Plat. edge NOS
Brush: Semogue 620 Boar
Soap: Speick Stick Grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)
EDT: Quorum

Regards
Dick.

DSC05825.JPG

Thursday:

Shower prep
Wickhams Spice trade soap
EJ89
Polsilver SI
Omega Boar
Old Spice Original A/S
La Toja ASB

First go with the Spice trade, it gave an excellent shave and lived up to its reputation !
Can't wait to try out all my other samples from Wickhams.

Wazzer3 said:
Yesterdays shave:-
Tiki Davey Jones Locker (sample)
Muhle V2
Mongoose/w Kronos handle
Kai titan mild [1]

A sample kindly donated by a fellow forum member, the soap performs the same as Razorock croaps i.e easy to lather and slick with nice after feel. The scent of the soap to my nose is blackcurrant and coriander, very pleasant ( no musty corpse smell :icon_razz:)

No corpse, no sale!

Xpec Original Scented (sample)
Men-U brush
Mongoose w/Kronos handle
Kai titan mild [2]

A sample kindly donated by missingskin, the soap is a cream which a little goes a long way, lathers very easily and is extremely slick, I find it protective and a average after feel on the face, the main negative is the scent which I find cloying ( reminds me of a '70's scent, Yardleys perhaps? ) So would I pay £40+ for it? No. I would rather get 2-3 artisan soaps instead.

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Noxzema cleansing cream
Soap: RazoRock XXX
Bowl: Woodhead Large Tall Scuttle
Brush: Vie-Long Horse Hair 13061M
Razor: Progress @2.5, 2.5, 2
Blade: Voskhod TC (3)
After: S.M.Novella Pomegranate AS, Nivea ASB

The Progress always delivers a better result than you think it would whilst shaving. Lovely.

SOTD150108_zps3a9486f8.jpg

fancontroller said:
Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Noxzema cleansing cream
Soap: RazoRock XXX
Bowl: Woodhead Large Tall Scuttle
Brush: Vie-Long Horse Hair 13061M
Razor: Progress @2.5, 2.5, 2
Blade: Voskhod TC (3)
After: S.M.Novella Pomegranate AS, Nivea ASB

The Progress always delivers a better result than you think it would whilst shaving. Lovely.

SOTD150108_zps3a9486f8.jpg

XXX is a very slick soap indeed. For me, it lived up to the hype.

Thursday 8th January

SOTD8115_zpsb8eb0d71.jpg

Warm shower
Hot towel
Speick stick grated, scuttle lathered
Finest Badger brush made by myself
Gillette Superspeed (1947)
Polsilver Super Iridium (2)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Speick aftershave

It's a while since I used the Speick soap lovely slick lather. I used the last drops of the Lavender witch hazel. The Superspeed is the first model of this razor made in 1947, it has the 'wings' on the centrebar. Made the year before the notched centrebar came in for use with the dispenser packs of blades.

782sirbrian said:
The Superspeed is the first model of this razor made in 1947, it has the 'wings' on the centrebar. Made the year before the notched centrebar came in for use with the dispenser packs of blades.

Real attention to detail, there ... I'm still looking out for one of these. I have the 1948-1949/1950? '40s style and the 1951 on with date code. Any chance of a quick snap of the detail?

pjgh said:
782sirbrian said:
The Superspeed is the first model of this razor made in 1947, it has the 'wings' on the centrebar. Made the year before the notched centrebar came in for use with the dispenser packs of blades.

Real attention to detail, there ... I'm still looking out for one of these. I have the 1948-1949/1950? '40s style and the 1951 on with date code. Any chance of a quick snap of the detail?

I took a photo in my SOTD yesterday with the doors open :icon_razz:
I have a 1950 SS and a 1953 Milord which is the Gold SS.

Back
Top Bottom