S.O.T.D. Saturday 2nd April 2016 to Friday 8th April 2016

Monday morning shave:

Preshave: warm shower and I had not shaved since Saturday morning.
Brush: Simpson's Colonel
Soap: OSP Orange & Patchouli
Razor: Gem Micromatic "Bullet Tip" SE
Blade: Gem stainless (1)
Post shave: alum block and Thayers Witch hazel.
2 passes WTG and XTG ear to nose + touch up on chin. I turned the radio off (it was only Chris Evans talking bollocks anyway) so that I could listen to the famous "song of the SE razor".

2b919ad81c2090bdab0b19ac9abdd77e.jpg

I'm not going to do a full review as I will be using this set up all week, I'll say a bit more on Friday or Saturday. Suffice to say it was a comfortable shave with 2 minor cuts which were sorted out by the alum block and no razor burn, although my face was a bit warm after.

b55d7c99ec808b16ae4dcffb3f6c533e.jpg
First use of Calani soaps and I'm pretty impressed. As you can see I got that lovely thick yoghurt like lather consistency. It is their Bay Rum but it smells more like a Barbershop scent to me.

Calani Bay Rum Soap
CK Switchback 400
Mongoose B2 Satin
Kamasori Blade
Floïd Blue

I'm not going to do a full review as I will be using this set up all week, I'll say a bit more on Friday or Saturday. Suffice to say it was a comfortable shave with 2 minor cuts which were sorted out by the alum block and no razor burn, although my face was a bit warm after.

Good start ... angle is important. With these, the cap should be practically flat to your face.

Bit of an orange and menthol theme going on!

Pre: Shower
Soap: OSP Grapefruit and Menthol
Brush: PantaRei 30mm Synthetic
Razor: Schick Platinum
Blade: Voskhod

d35fff1106676082f3175fa832aa1328.jpg

Hi, is the Floid the "Suave" or the "vigoroso"? I've been thinking about trying Floid, but as the famous Blue is not available I don't know what to get instead.

Back
Top Bottom