S.O.T.D. Saturday 28th November to Friday 4th December 2015

Time to change the landscape and recall memories of DE shave - Merkur head razor with Merkur blade, simple badger brush, Alphy & Becs Sandalwood soap (OSP is more refined and styled), Professor Blighty Lamia aftershave (I believe it to be the signature of his Keats collection)

LOVE that brush and razor set!

Had a very enjoyable shave this morning and got to try out some things for the first time.

Merkur MII w/ Shick cartridge: VERY pleasant handle. Well balanced albeit a fair bit towards the handle and very comfortable to hold. I had the cartridge-end of the razor in the mug with some warm water while I was soaking the brush in it and I noticed that the handle retained a lot of the warmth in it for the duration of the shave - a rather nice thing on a chilly morning.

I also got to use the Slovenian Barbus A/S for the first time this morning. This is a product that has quite a bit of history to it as the formula has not been changed since the 1950's and it can be had relatively inexpensively for $6 w/ free shipping. It's been described as an inexpensive take on Floid Blue and even though I didn't quite agree with the scent of the Barbus (to my nose it was rather medicinal smelling with a strong alcohol smell) - but I can't argue with how it feels on your skin. Very, very pleasing and even though it's been 4-5 hours since my shave this morning I can still feel the softness/smoothing effects of it on my face.

I'm getting 'used' to the ginormous 30mm Kent T12 brush but it's very close to being 'too big'. We'll see.

Hope y'all had a great shave and an even better day.

Prep - Shower / Woods Of Windsor Cedar Woods soap / Pre-lather / 3 min steam
Razor - Gillette Fat Handled Tech
Blade - Perma-Sharp Super (#3)
Brush - Vie-Long 04312 Cachurro Horse
Soap - Arko with Orange & Cinnamon EO
After - Frozen towel / Alum & WH Mix
Result - BBS+

After a prolonged period of deliberation on horse hair brushes, I finally bit the bullet on the Cachurro today. Fantastic bit of kit, I'll post a review at a later date.
Blade wise, these really are top notch, extremely comfortable, especially in my much-loved Tech. It always feels like I'm shaving with a piece of jewellery.