S.O.T.D. Saturday 28th January to Friday 3rd Febuary 2017

Morning gents,

Last night's shave was a first for my new brush, the Romera Rustic Chubby 30mm Manchurian. What a lovely brush. I lathered up with Cashmere (my favourite soap always gets to inaugurate a new brush) and was met with a wall of badger, but in a lovely soft way. It's got backbone, but not excessive amounts, painting and circular motions were both as comfortable as each other, lathered up really well, just a great brush. Different to all of my other brushes so it's a welcome addition and for now, I'm done with brushes. I may consider a trade (of one of my brushes) in the future, but I think purchases are finished!

Used the GEM OCMM with a blade that I'll be changing for my next GEM SE shave, but it still did a great job in two passes, no irritation, no nicks, no weepers. Smooth and feeling good.

Enjoy your day, it's Friday! The bottom pic is a post shave of the brush, you can't really see the difference compared to the pre-shave shot!

Fri 3rd Feb

Omega s10065 Synthetic
De Vergulde Hand
Supply S/S Single Edge
Schick S/S [ 1- chick]
Alum Rub / Rinse off
Quorum A/S lotion

After trialling the Personna blade in this razor with poor results, it does not work for me as a blade in any Razor, I moved on to an alternative. I loaded up with a "Chick", and had no problems loading from the dispenser, though the blade needed a nudge to insert fully.

The Shave was good, there was blade feel and sound, and it was apparent immediately that
whisker eradication was going on. All in all a very smooth operation, which resulted in a very good close all round finish, with no mishaps or post shave problems.

Last edited:
3/1/17:
Hot water.
Williams mentholated.
Body Shop synth.
Vostok 1980's straight.
Warm/alum/cold.
Fine L'orange Noir.

I'm anticipating a bottle of Fine Snakebite before long which would have done grand today following the subtle cooling of the Williams mentholated. One nick, felt it but thought I got away with it because it didn't bleed for circa 2 minutes. Minimal blood and alum stopped it dead. Think I'm getting the hang of stropping/straight shaving as all my recent shaves have been nice, without irritation. Loving the scent of the Fine.

Glad you like your new brush....it's a beauty ! , +1 on the cashmere.

Friday

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's cold-tar soap and Proraso Pre and Post Shave Cream (green).
Razor - Muhle Rocca R96.
Blade - Astra (green) SP (day 1).
Soap - Cella Crema da Barba Shaving Soap
Brush - Simpsons Duke 2.
Post shave - Cella Aftershave Splash.

Very smooth shave today, enjoyed the Cella soap. Did not have time to apply aloe vera after the shave, went straight to the splash - no sting, skin left feeling smooth and refreshed.

Have a good weekend all,

Chris

+ 1 on the Cella Crema da Barba Shaving Soap & Wright's cold-tar soap . They are both great favourites of mine..haven't yet experienced the Cella Aftershave Splash..sounds wonderful. Regards.

+ 1 on the Cella Crema da Barba Shaving Soap & Wright's cold-tar soap . They are both great favourites of mine..haven't yet experienced the Cella Aftershave Splash..sounds wonderful. Regards.
Cheers,

The Cella splash is good, although the Myrsol Plastic Shave (YMMV) for me performs better. If I remember I will try the Cella soap followed up by aloe vera and Myrsol on Saturday.