S.O.T.D. Saturday 25th May to Friday 31th May 2013 ...

Dr Dulcamara said:
Martin, I can not understand sometimes your writing. Is my poor command of the language, you know. Buy a Cobra, you might like it. And if you see one Rubberset 400 again, not let it go. It is easy to restore, and very grateful.
I love you, man. I like you. I do not follow much this forum, and I do not know the whole story of you with others, with Mikael, and John, but I like you, man. Hope no offense you with my early words. But when I shave with the Cobra you come in my mind, guy.

For sure I would never type anything meant to be anything like mean spirited in your direction. Seriously my friend, that's all you need to keep in mind. Sometimes it may sound like I'm saying something in a mean or thoughtless way, but there's always another way to look at things. It would be hard sometimes for you to understand when I'm kidding and your English is LOTS better than my Spanish.

Far as how me and Mikey and John got together, sometimes crazy people are attracted to me. Not that I mean you at all...................(that is teasing). Many times you end up making me smile.

Ok then Doctor, go ahead and enable away,

Martin

Audio - Podcast of R4 Comedy
Pre - Hot towel for 2 mins and SheaByNature Pre-Shave Oil
Brush - Frank Shaving Silvertip 30mm knot
Bowl - Walnut
Cream - La Toja Sensitive
Razor - Gillete Executive
Blade - Feather Platinum
Post - Zirh Soothe / Coral Skin Food

Hmmm the Executive was a little 'nippy' again - so I 'spotted' again under the chin in a couple of areas. I'm struggling to get the right style with the executive - Did another WTG, XTG, ATG 3 pass workout but could feel this bothered my skin again like it did on Thursday (2 days growth to do).
Will leave the next shave till Monday and let things cool down a little.

I wonder if I've developed the 'Yips' or 'Dartitis' with this particular razor?

Ratty

dodgy said:
Dr Dulcamara said:
Martin, I can not understand sometimes your writing. Is my poor command of the language, you know. Buy a Cobra, you might like it. And if you see one Rubberset 400 again, not let it go. It is easy to restore, and very grateful.
I love you, man. I like you. I do not follow much this forum, and I do not know the whole story of you with others, with Mikael, and John, but I like you, man. Hope no offense you with my early words. But when I shave with the Cobra you come in my mind, guy.

For sure I would never type anything meant to be anything like mean spirited in your direction. Seriously my friend, that's all you need to keep in mind. Sometimes it may sound like I'm saying something in a mean or thoughtless way, but there's always another way to look at things. It would be hard sometimes for you to understand when I'm kidding and your English is LOTS better than my Spanish.

Far as how me and Mikey and John got together, sometimes crazy people are attracted to me. Not that I mean you at all...................(that is teasing). Many times you end up making me smile.

Ok then Doctor, go ahead and enable away,

Martin

Ok. Martin, then look at this picture. The Cobra and the Rubberset 400, the film.
The Cobra want to bite the Rubberset, but is trapped in the stand. Ah, the beautiful Rubberset only likes kisses, not the bites. With those beautiful curves, and that sweet, warm skin "she" have. The Cobra is suffering because it can not bite to "her".

Imagen%2520629%2520stand.jpg

Sunday 26th May

Prep: Hot shower, Dove men+care face scrub.
Soap: Vitos Supercrema- face lathered.
Brush: NF 2213 Silvertip.
Razor: Old type copy (thanks Brian!).
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (2).

Well, first shave with the Old Type copy that 782sirbrian very kindly PIF'd me, and I have to say, I really enjoyed it! Not as aggressive as I feared an open comb would be, pretty much spot on aggressiveness for me actually. I went for a 2 pass shave again, whereas I used to just go for the one ATG pass, which worked fine but it's more enjoyable taking more time for me. The XTG pass seemed to remove more hair than I usually find with my EJ, and the ATG went about the same as normal, so a really close and enjoyable shave. Only niggles is ATG on the top lip resulted in a tiny weeper, which I don't normally get, but hey, it was my first go with this razor, and I'm sure it will improve. It certainly was great to use though, I can see myself happily rotating it with my 2 EJs. Thanks :D

Alex

Prep: N Spa face wash
Cream: Crabtree & Evelyn sienna
Brush: Edwin Jagger Chatsworth ebony synthetic
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic
Blade: Gillette silver blue

Compared to the 37c slant I used yesterday, the shave was nice and smooth.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Rod Neep custom in Desert Ironwood
Razor: C V Heljestrand B K 42 in ivory scales
Soap: Provence Santé
AS: Blue Italian Floid
Edt: Penhaligon's Castile
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

I love this razor and brush :D Poor Martini, I feel sad for you (like you do for crazy people, they can't really help them selfs, God bless your little soul), all this teasing and no happy ending for you ... I'll toss in a boxed NOS boxed no 15 Rotbard (the black handled version), if you buy a nice Swedish razor at the same time. Yes, that's the kind of guy I am Martin, I only want the best for you :D

Liz Earle C&P
Vintage Shaving Co Mod Cream
EJ Best
Merkur 39c Slant
Treet Stainless
Witch Hazel Gel
M&S Woodspice AS.

And the Treet goes on.A really nice and close shave this morning.

Greetings

Sunday 26th May 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick M? Adjustable
Blade: Gillette Platinum Plus
Brush: Semogue 830 Boar
Cream: Spieck
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

Super close and comfortable shave, my first use of the Speick cream, although I am very familiar with the soap; superb in every way, just like the soap only not such good value, arguably one of, if not the best performing creams I have tried.

As always this is just my opinion and yours may differ; perhaps greatly!

Regards
Dick.

DSC04355.JPG

Norfolkdick said:
Greetings

Super close and comfortable shave,

Great combo there,

If more new injector users tried this set up there would be lots more converts. Heh, as you found out, there's a world of difference between both the razors and blades.

You mentioned in a post about some people being put off by trying the E type first and that happened to me. Found one of those little bloodsucking vampire bastards in the wild and never got along with it......not even close. Kept me from trying any others for months.

Martin

Oh, did you end up going to the highest setting?

Prep: Hot Towel
Razor: Heljestrand MK6 squerpoint with mk32 ivory scales.
Brush: Vintage Sterling handle from 1899 with best badger knot 16mm
Cream: TOBS Sandalwood
AS: Dr.Harris Sandalwood
EDT: Lancome Hypnose

MK6 is one of my best shavers period!. :)

DSC03262_zps976e5380.jpg

DSC03288_zps1407b820.jpg

Sunday shave :

I've prepared a pic of it, but to soon I'm afraid ...

An european one !
Italian Proraso
Belgian 1Barber badger
British cream
Scuttle from a Brussels ceramist
German razor
Turkish (european side :huh:) blades
and again belgian balm

Have a nice day

Mikael said:
Brush: Rod Neep custom in Desert Ironwood
Razor: C V Heljestrand B K 42 in ivory scales

Result: Very, very clean :D [/B]
I love this razor and brush :D Poor Martini, I feel sad for you (like you do for crazy people, they can't really help them selfs, God bless your little soul), all this teasing and no happy ending for you ... I'll toss in a boxed NOS boxed no 15 Rotbard (the black handled version), if you buy a nice Swedish razor at the same time. Yes, that's the kind of guy I am Martin, I only want the best for you :D

Oh you betcha Mikey, I believe every damn thing you tell me (and thank you for blessing my soul).

So if I buy your ivory scale MK 31 for $600, you'll throw in a DE razor to 'sweden' the deal. Kinda like a Cadillac dealer including a Skoda for no charge.

Man, if you ever convince me to try a straight, that will be my permanent ticket to the Straight Crazy Train Ride with you as conductor.

Martini

dodgy said:
Oh you betcha Mikey, I believe every damn thing you tell me (and thank you for blessing my soul).

So if I buy your ivory scale MK 31 for $600, you'll throw in a DE razor to 'sweden' the deal. Kinda like a Cadillac dealer including a Skoda for no charge.

Man, if you ever convince me to try a straight, that will be my permanent ticket to the Straight Crazy Train Ride with you as conductor.

Martini

But think of all the fun we could have ... and trains are funny Martin, HOO HOO - step aboard, tickets please, lather that chin a little better and don't eat the lather Martin ...

Good morning, all.

Prep: Nivea Sensitive Face Wash, Cold Water
Soap: MdC
Brush: M&F Blonde Badger
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow
EdT: Lalique Hommage a l'Homme

Dug through my blade stash today and decided on a 7 O'Clock Yellow. Definitely not as smooth for me as other blades I've been using lately. May have to PIF or trade the rest of them.

dodgy said:
Norfolkdick said:
Greetings

Super close and comfortable shave,

Great combo there,

If more new injector users tried this set up there would be lots more converts. Heh, as you found out, there's a world of difference between both the razors and blades.

You mentioned in a post about some people being put off by trying the E type first and that happened to me. Found one of those little bloodsucking vampire bastards in the wild and never got along with it......not even close. Kept me from trying any others for months.

Martin

Oh, did you end up going to the highest setting?

Greetings Martin

I did try the highest setting (8) but found it a bit fierce so I came down to 6 which for me seems about right. Those Gillette Platinum Plus injector blades are certainly very keen but are not 'angry blades' for want of a better expression, I class Feather DE blades as 'angry' they cut like mad but can make my face sore!

Regards
Dick.

Back
Top Bottom