S.O.T.D Saturday 24th June to Friday 30th June 2017

I soaked my MWF overnight in plenty of water (after transferring it into an old Maca Root tub, although an old TOBS tub would work well).

It swelled to fit perfectly, and I the advice I received to give it a long term soaking to "get it going" seems to have worked well.

And load it like the devil itself is in there.
Thanks supermangs. I have tried the soaking method but that way I seem to get an explosion of foam as soon as the brush touches the puck. So this evening I'm going to try not adding any water to the puck, and using my new RazoRock synthetic just quickly run under the tap. Then I can add water gradually as I whip up the lather. It may be a plan doomed to failure. But it is a plan!

Wednesday AM 2017-06-28

Georgetown Pottery G12 scuttle (Green Oribe & Purple)
D7 Elite Razor Manchurian 2-Band (27mm/51mm)
Brooks Brothers shaving soap (vintage)
Feather AS-D2/Triad Aristocrat-Diplomat
Wilkinson Light Brigade (2)
Calvin Klein Obsession aftershave
iZsDLSC.jpg

Thanks supermangs. I have tried the soaking method but that way I seem to get an explosion of foam as soon as the brush touches the puck. So this evening I'm going to try not adding any water to the puck, and using my new RazoRock synthetic just quickly run under the tap. Then I can add water gradually as I whip up the lather. It may be a plan doomed to failure. But it is a plan!
Sounds a good 'un.

Wednesday...

Pre - Proraso M&E
Soap - Palmolive stick (grated in a ramekin)
Brush - Omega Mixed Midget bodger
Face lather
Razor - 1968 Gillette Aluminium Tech (U.K)
Blade - Gillette 7 o' Clock Yellow #2
Post - Proraso white a/s balm
A/s lotion - Proraso M&E

Pretty much same set up as yesterday, apart from the soap. Guided tour of Milan tomorrow. Depending on free time and location, hopefully an appropriate profumeria may be stumbled upon...

Wednesday...

Pre - Proraso M&E
Soap - Palmolive stick (grated in a ramekin)
Brush - Omega Mixed Midget bodger
Face lather
Razor - 1968 Gillette Aluminium Tech (U.K)
Blade - Gillette 7 o' Clock Yellow #2
Post - Proraso white a/s balm
A/s lotion - Proraso M&E

Pretty much same set up as yesterday, apart from the soap. Guided tour of Milan tomorrow. Depending on free time and location, hopefully an appropriate profumeria may be stumbled upon...
I hope you are enjoying your holiday, you are having better weather than us no doubt! :)

It took me a while to work out my preferred approach with my RazoRock synthetic. I found it would drip water all over the place as I face lathered if I fully submerged it.

Now, I fully submerge it, give it a good squeeze, and also a couple of vigorous shakes. It might seem that this would get too much water out of the brush, but it's worked well for me on all my soaps. The brush is really damp at this stage, rather than wet. It means that you add the water gradually as you suggest.

It's the only brush I use these days.

It took me a while to work out my preferred approach with my RazoRock synthetic. I found it would drip water all over the place as I face lathered if I fully submerged it.

Now, I fully submerge it, give it a good squeeze, and also a couple of vigorous shakes. It might seem that this would get too much water out of the brush, but it's worked well for me on all my soaps. The brush is really damp at this stage, rather than wet. It means that you add the water gradually as you suggest.

It's the only brush I use these days.
That sounds good Supermangs. Which RazoRock do you have? I went for the Bruce 24mm.

Wednesday 28th June 2017
sotd 28 june.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash
Razor: OneBlade Core
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (#2)
Brush: Maseto Fan Shape 2 band finest 30mm
Soap: Arko
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel
AS: Nivea soothing balm

Fantastic result today, closest shave yet with the OneBlade Core.

Is it worth the cost? Not really, but I am glad that it can actually give a really close and smooth shave and now I know how to use it I will be keeping it, and I might even try a GEM blade in it.

Now I have some Feather blades I think I might lookout for a Valet Autostrop.

Back
Top Bottom