S.O.T.D. Saturday 24th December to Friday 30th December 2016

Thursday 29th...

Salutations TSR!

Soap - TOBS Sandalwood
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth.
Face lather
Razor - Ever Ready "Streamline" 1912 pat.
Blade - Gem Personna SE
Post - Thayer's and Fine Platinum a/s

Another excellent shave from the 1912. Even with only one day's growth to contend with, the result was really smooth. Mercifully, the bad reaction with the TOBS soap a while back must have been due to chlorine after swimming (despite showering afterwards); as no repeat 'face-like-a-skelped-a*se' scenarios have occurred.

First shave with the Bunny today, it arrived from @newbie and I was delighted to finally get my hands on it!

I got myself all ready to go, a new Shavemac brush purchased from @themadremmy waiting in the wings. I was very excited to try this brush out as well having cleaned it up and felt how soft the tips were during cleaning I had a feeling it was going to be a good'un. 1912 Cashmere soap blooming and a fresh Personna loaded into the bunny, but wait, what's that, a knock at the door... I trundle down the stairs and open the door to the postie, with a brown box in had... this could only be one thing... @riverrun sent over his last cartridge of Shicks, it must be that and it indeed was! Fresh Personna out, new Schick in, there's no way I was settling when I knew those babies were ready to go and I had three days of stubble to get through.

Finally, back to the shave. The NOTSO comb was in place with the Schick shining. The Shavemac brush was a joy, not sure what I'm going to name it yet (I named my first Shavemac so this one can't be left out!). My first true fan brush, silvertip, lovely

The shave itself was great, two passes, no weepers, no irritation, no stubble. Genuinely one of my best ever shaves. Absolutely loved it.

Razor: Gillette Slim K 4 1965
Blade: Voskhod Bocko II Teflon (6)
Brush: Elite Razor "Tres Amigos" Desert Ironwood Beehive w/Synthetic
Soap: Route 66 High Mountain Mist
Aftershave: Fine Platinum

A fine 3 passes with a slight clean up for a very near BBS. I really like this synthetic brush, of course it doesn't hurt that it has an amazing handle.
Fine Platinum is one of my top 5 aftershaves. Been snowing all day, so I'll do the driveway in the morning. Tough day at home today. My wife was saying I don't pay attention to her, or something like that.
Be safe all!

@riverrun sent over his last cartridge of Shicks,
Good grief! The Bunny is not a cartridge razor! They are either called 'magazines' (like in 'Magazine Repeating Razor Company') or 'clips' (as Jacob Schick referred to them).
Anyway... enjoy the Bunny...
On a positive note.. I found a way to get Chick blades from the US without paying VAT/Duty/Royal Mail donation... and I have four magazines/clips of 7 blades each coming in for £21 delivered. Result!!!
I could tell you how I did this, but it wouldn't help you
OK... I'll have them shipped to my parents in Germany, where there are different VAT/Duty thresholds... (I think - I hope) and I'll be in Germany in January to pick them up... I told you it wouldn't help...

My sincere apologies old chap, I was typing that review out whilst talking to a friend about the benefits of proper wetshaving as opposed to cartridge... I obviously had cartridges on the brain

Well that's great for you and not so great for the rest of us... bastard

Never mind, young lad, I used to call them cartridges until Colonel Schick taught me otherwise...
I depend on Schick injector blades as I own a Bunny V3.. well... two actually... Muahahaha...