S.O.T.D. Saturday 23rd June to Friday 29th June 2018

FullSizeRender.jpg

Weber PH
Polsilver
SOC Taj Mixi
Palmolive (Grated)
Swiss Pitralon

The Knot on the SOC Taj continues to relax a little more with each use, I think I now have about 10 shaves on it. It is taking me longer to tune-in to the Taj Mixi than I would have imagined. The lather I am producing with Tabac, D R Harris, SV, Palmolive, Arko etc is just not hitting the sweet spot for me yet. Usually not quite the consistency I am used to getting from Boar Knots which I have used for years, almost exclusively; this maybe part of the challenge. My preference is to keep the lather in the top third or half of a brush but `I notice with the Taj mixi that the whole knot easily takes up the lather which plays havoc with my OCD. The knots face feel and back bone are spot on for me and yet I found myself re-lathering this week with my Omega 011829 because I did not get the lather I wanted from the Taj. This morning's shave with Palmolive, the lather was spot on and yet I had irritation after my shave which is unusual. This could have been for a number of reasons but I was left wondering...hopefully more time will be the ticket and cognitive dissonance is not an issue.

Pre: Cold water face wash
Brush: @Steven_Jagger Zebrano Wood 24mm ST
Soap: Tabula Rasa Light Cream
Razor: Schick L1
Blade: Chick

IMG_20180623_134938.jpg
At less than 23 hours since my last shave the L1 still took three passes to get something resembling a ccs.
The S_J Brush is a lovely little thing and a pleasure to use. Steven is a very talented craftsman and fulfilled my remit beautifully.
Have a great weekend everyone.

View attachment 36550
At less than 23 hours since my last shave the L1 still took three passes to get something resembling a ccs.
The S_J Brush is a lovely little thing and a pleasure to use. Steven is a very talented craftsman and fulfilled my remit beautifully.
Lovely looking brush Kevin.

Saturday 23rd June

RazoRock 400 Plisoft Noir
Wickham 1912 Lemon Verbena
Rockwell 6C plate 4
Astra SP (1)
Proraso Menthol & Eucalyptus ASL

What a shave !
Having used the 2 plate for my last two shaves, I really noticed the efficiency of the Rockwell today. The fresh Astra blade made short work of my stubble this morning.
Lemon Verbena is a very pleasant scent. I must look out for an aftershave or EdT to match it.
I usually shave in the evening but I'm on the work call out rota, and may not get the time tonight.
No sooner had I shaved and had a cuppa I got a callout, but at least I looked and smelled acceptable for the customers.

Enjoy your weekend everyone

Rapira razor/Treet Silver (carbon steel) (1)/frank shaving badger/Mitchell's Wool Fat/Terre d'Hermes EDT.

Unusually a Saturday shave, some friends are celebrating a significant anniversary.

I was very unkind about these blades when I tried them in a very mild razor. Now I've got the Rapira I thought I'd give them another go. They're still not great, but much less awful. Not un-awful enough to buy another tuck in future, but un-awful enough not to just throw the rest of them away.

Happy shaving!

View attachment 36550
Lovely wood K, (on your brush mate) :) P.

20180623_164455-jpg.31180

Barbaros TR-2 (on loan)
Polsilver
Elite Manchurian
Declaration Grooming Colonia Balsamica soap
Chatillon Lux post shave toner

Another razor on loan from the ever generous @Acer89 .

I wasn't a fan of the handle in photos but in the flesh I really like it.
The fit and finish is stunning. Up there with the very best I've seen. It's a heavy bugger though, around 120 grams.

The shave was very smooth but it lacked efficiently. I needed 4 full passes and a number if touch-ups on the neck.
Although the handle wasn't slippy I was confident due to the weight, so reached for the alum block to be on the safe side.

The soap and toner were excellent. The scent from the tub wasn't very strong but once lathered it came alive. Good performance and I'm a big fan of the toner too. @Seamus1981

Although the razor lacked the efficiency I like I enjoyed the shave. Thank you James for the opportunity to use such a beautiful razor.

Carry on with the citrus theme...
20180623_174644-jpg.31181

Enjoy your weekend gents.

Cheers
Rob

Back
Top Bottom