Prep ~ Shower, Birch Tar Soap
Razor ~ Ever-Ready Streamline
Blade ~ Ever-Ready Corrux stropped
Soap ~ SV ~ Cosmo
Brush ~ SOC Badger
Scuttle ~ Giles Shaving Co
Post ~ BBA Post shave balm
Scent ~ Gary ~ SB SP Edt

Today was a Streamline day, loaded with a freshly prepared Corrux blade I was set for a wonderful shave.
The SV Cosmo was as slick as it ever was and the lather was warmed throughout the shave by the indispensable Giles Scuttle.
I was left with super smooth skin without nick's or irritation. perfect!
An application of BBA PSB followed by a body spray of Sponge Bob Square Pants "Gary" Edp.
Well shaven and smelling good and ready for the day ahead.

Hoping you all have a great day.....:)

Last edited:
SOTD 25.10.17 Rev.jpg SOTD 25.10.17 Rev.jpg
Cream-Palmolive Sensitive
Brush-Wilkinson Sword
Razor-Merkur Bakelite
Blade-Merkur
Aftershave-Hattric Classic
Balm-Nivea Sensitive

First try with the Palmolive Sensitive - performs very much like the original for me - that is to say, very well indeed.
A '3 pass lather' created using an almond sized blob, face lathered. Mild, slightly soapy scent. Decent glide and cushion.

Razor is new to me also...Massive bend on the blade from this model / head, so had to find a 'new angle', but no problem, great little razor!

Thur 26th Oct
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
P & B Spitfire
PAL S/S Adjustable
Schick Proline [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Am continuing my use of the Schick Proline [ Type B] AC blade in various Injectors. Whilst the
E2 I used yesterday was calmed down a bit, the Shave was not particularly pleasant.

Today I chose the modern looking PAL S/S Adjustable, which is a lot less aggressive than the
Injecto-Matic.The Shave is very smooth on a mid setting, the razor is mild and forgiving. For
someone like me with a tough beard, quite a bit of polishing up work is needed to get that ultra close finish- but that is not resultant in any post shave soreness or irritation.

IMG_0038.jpg

Friday morning...

Soap - SMV
Brush - Semogue 1460
Face lather
Razor - Ever Ready 1912
Blade - Gem SS
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Smell - Alt-Innsbruck EDC

Terrific shave from the 1912 this morning. I enjoy my contemporary razors - AC kamisori, RazoRock Hawk, Fa Tip Piccolo and Merkur 34c: but I do find myself more attuned to vintage razors these days. Gillette Techs, New, Superspeeds, Schicks, Gems, 1924s and even the mild Star are all amazing; but the 1912 variants really are beltingly good razors, IMO.
61D69BE6-40DE-4780-B07F-8BF3F1722CF5.jpeg

Fancied a nice simple clean Italian Shave today

Vitos Red
Antica Barbieria Colla Boar
Hayashi Diamond
Santa Maria Novella Tobacco Toscana

ENkHUpJ.jpg

Verdi

Today starts an Above the Tie trilogy; an S2 slant DE, an SE2 open comb AC format razor and in the last pairing for Phase 2 an ATT R2 medium DE vs a Fatip Piccolo. When it comes to modern razors I have yet to find one I don't really love. The S2 even preformed better in Phase 1 than my Gillette Senator which for a long time was my absolute favorite open comb razor.

Lower shelf, second from left:
large.jpg

Today's shave was just another great Above the Tie shave; a smooth, effortless, comfortable, two pass and very minor touchup PDG+ near perfect shave. This is one of the razors that always leaves me wishing I could find something more to mow down. It is one I was lucky enough to find listed in a BST post and one I really am glad to have found. It was my gateway entry into the ATT razors and now there are almost a half dozen of them living with me. Feels like the old days when a rugby team came to town.

Today's ritual was out of the shower, brush hair back and use a cable tie to hold in a pony tail (a little maybe 10 year old girl shopping for school supplies with her mom taught me how to do that in the middle of the aisle in Walgreens; me on my knees, she standing behind me and twisting my hair up into a rope while she explains that "My hair is too skinny! "And even first graders know how to make a pony tail! " and her mom laughing). For soap it was more Old Spice but with a Stag pure badger brush. Stag was a Rexall house brand along with Rex and Kleenzo IIRC but I find it generally makes great lather.

After the shave it was a rub down with the alum block, one last search for the missing hare that hopped away when I tried to get it, then a dab of Pre de Provence followed by some Clubman.

large.jpg

Turned up to 11...

2C19CDB9-D79A-429C-B70F-21C4EDE9D9DB.jpg

Parker Variant... #...will explain.
Super Max Platinum #2
1912 Club Cola
Midas Synth
Club Cola balm

Right, quick disclaimer. I did exactly as Kul (@MrK1) warned me of. I leave the razor unsprung, turned up all the way to relieve tension on the spring between uses. Subsequently, it appeared to be sitting on No. 4 but, in actuality, was turned past #6.

All this aside, I had a decent (albeit close) shave! It was a testament to Wickham Club Cola and the lather produced with the reknotted Midas brush that allowed me to shave with the monumental blade-gap without issue! I managed two passes and a quick touch up. The blade felt strange, but I persevered without checking. There seemed to be some flex/chatter to the blade which didn't help but I still got close and removed 3 days of stubble without much issue. I had one weeper. Yes, you read that right, one. I'm feeling a bit tingly now and will ensure I tighten the blade down next time but fortunately I got away with this one! Smelling great, feeling smooth!

Who's next? ;)

Thursday 26th October
Tabac
Yaqi Tuxedo – Sagrada Familia
General S/S
Schick Proline P #2
Alum Wash
Cold Rinse
Tabac A/S
Lacura Body Moisturiser
DHcumVh.jpg

Another spectacular shave from this superb razor, aided by the equally capable Proline blade. Even though I was totally smooth after 2 passes, I couldn't resist a third pass, just for the sheer pleasure of it.

3mAIRZkx_o.jpeg

Omega 10098
Fatip Testina Gentile
Astra SP (1)
Abbate Y La Mantia Don Jose
Thayers Rose, The Body Shop Shea Butter & Mr Perfume Roja Amber Oudh

Astra's are one of those blade I'm sure I have used many times but I can't for the life of me remember if I like them. Wasn't bad in the Fatip, had a good shave but not as close as the injector from the past few days. The Omega ate the soap up today, I'd be curious to know how much it used. My last use of Don Jose for a little while. Fancy giving my Vito's Red a week rotation from Monday. Finished off with some Shea Butter today, bought it last year but never used it, smelled a bit too perfumey but it's done what I want it to.

Back
Top Bottom