d4ecc46ce618a6dbdb9aea713d343dfc.jpg

Saponificio Varesino Cosmo Soap
Il Rasoio 28mm Omega Barber style Silvertip Badger
ATT S2 Atlas
Personna 74 (31)
Saponficio Varesino Cosmo Aftershave Balm

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

IMG_1123.jpg Sunday Shave.
Had a busy day yesterday, went to London !!, which is a rare venture for us. Did manage a not too bad Shave, pushed the NOS Swedish Schick Blade to its 10th use. The Shave was surprisingly smooth and comfortable though I felt the blade performance tailing off a bit, the Supply SE provided more than acceptable finish

Mon 23rd Jan

Stirling Synthetic 26mm
MWF
Schick Type N3
Schick Twin S/S [ 4 - Japan]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tabac A/S Lotion

After a few days of Shaving with modern SE razors, reverted to shaving with a fairly new acquisition the Schick Type N3. Am finding that when equipped with a Twin Blade it has to be my favourite Schick , as it shaves both smoothly and efficiently and the finish is up there with those gained by me from the modern General & Supply Razors.

Getting a Type N was one of my best buys of 2016, and though it performs best with costly NOS/Modern Twin blades , I am fortunate enough to have got a few at reasonable cost. As It will be used fairly infrequently due to rotating razors , I am OK for a few years.

IMG_1124.jpg

Last edited:
Prep: Hot shower
Pre: S.M.Novella pre-shave
Soap: Tabac
Bowl: Greek Pottery
Brush: Omega boar 10005
Razor: ATT SE1 + Bamboo handle
Blade: Feather Pro Super (4)
After: WH, Myrsol F./Extra AS, EJ ASB (sample)

Just a single nick today and I'm wondering if this blade is dulling after only 4 shaves. If so it'll be an expensive way of shaving. Felt noticeably more irritation today compared to the last 3 shaves with this same razor/blade/soap combination. Maybe it was just one of those things - I'll give it another go tomorrow and see.

Happy Monday, everyone.

2de06e3a-ba78-4279-a5be-6110ad21854f_zpsquledlxi.jpg

Hello,

Pre-shave - warm shower, Musgo Real Classic Scent Glyce Oil Soap and Proraso pre-shave cream (green).
Razor - Muhle Rocca R96
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue (day 3)
Soap - Rum Natural Shaving Cream by Executive Shaving
Brush - Simpsons Duke 2
Post shave - D.R. Harris skin tonic, followed by pre-shave cream (green.

Very close, comfortable 2 pass shave.

Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – Barbaros TR-1
Blade – Astra S/P
Brush - 'El Monstruo' (Romera Manchurian 30/50 Fan)
Soap – Through the Fire Fine Craft – Angel's Share
Post - Cold water rinse, Witch Hazel, Trevarno Revitalising Face Oil

'El Monstruo'+Angel's Share began what promised to be a stellar shave, only to be dashed by the Astra, which was past its prime, and provided a very unpleasant shave with the TR-1.

Back
Top Bottom