Saturday 20th December 2014
Prep: Shower
Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Feather Proguard
Brush: Semogue OC 2012 SE Mixed
Soap: Speick Stick Grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)
EDT: Terre D'Hermes

Another immaculate shave, super close but one small weeper entirely down to me.

I suppose that the closeness of a shave can be measured, at least in part, by how long it lasts. I did notice that at 1900hrs last night some ten hours after my morning shave my face was smooth enough to have gone out to a posh dinner without any need for another shave or even a 'touch up' (not that I go out for many posh dinners these days!) This is the longest lasting shave I have had.

Whilst I have no sensation of soreness or of being scraped I feel I am right on the limit of what my face can stand I suspect that the Feather Pro's may when I try them in a day or so might prove too much for me.

I will report back tomorrow but I suspect that this mornings shave will be the closest I have ever had, whether or not it is the best shave I do not know, comfort and ease of shave must play a part and being retired, do I need a shave that will last ten hours plus?

A fascinating experience.

Regards
Dick.

DSC05778.JPG

Sapone : Dr Harris Windsor
Pennello : Simpson Chubby 3 in Manchurian
Rasoio : Sistrum 1919 6/8 Speciale Per Parrucchiere
Strop : Paciccella in Cordovan
AS : Dr Harris Windsor
EDT : BVLGARI MAN Extreme

image.php

image.php

Pre: Trumper Coral Skin Food
Cream : Trumper Rose
Brush : Simpsons Classic 2 Best Badger
Razor : Merkur 1904
Blade : Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow
Fragrance : Czech & Speake No.88

Great shave, everything's coming up roses! :)

Saturday

Afternoon, everyone.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Perma Sharp Super (1)
Brush: Kabuki Bamboo
Shave soap: Wickam's Spice Trade
Aftershave: Indian Old Spice
Cologne: L'Air du Desert Marocain

Excellent start to the new shave week.

Norfolkdick said:
Greetings

Saturday 20th December 2014
Prep: Shower
Brush: Semogue OC 2012 SE Mixed
Soap: Speick Stick Grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)
EDT: Terre D'Hermes

Another immaculate shave, super close but one small weeper entirely down to me.

I suppose that the closeness of a shave can be measured, at least in part, by how long it lasts. I did notice that at 1900hrs last night some ten hours after my morning shave my face was smooth enough to have gone out to a posh dinner without any need for another shave or even a 'touch up' (not that I go out for many posh dinners these days!) This is the longest lasting shave I have had.

Whilst I have no sensation of soreness or of being scraped I feel I am right on the limit of what my face can stand I suspect that the Feather Pro's may when I try them in a day or so might prove too much for me.

I will report back tomorrow but I suspect that this mornings shave will be the closest I have ever had, whether or not it is the best shave I do not know, comfort and ease of shave must play a part and being retired, do I need a shave that will last ten hours plus?

Regards
Dick.
Fascinating... Sounds like itch that I need to a scratch, if only they weren't as rare as hens teeth!

Norfolkdick said:

This is the longest lasting shave I have had.

Regards
Dick

rowlers said:
Fascinating... Sounds like itch that I need to a scratch, if only they weren't as rare as hens teeth!

Hey buddy, what's doin over there in Limeyland,

I know what you mean regarding pushing the shaving envelope. I need to pay attention when trolling that heavy sharp thing around on my face and neck. Also, that kinda blade feels almost, but not quite unpleasant. Right on the edge so to speak. Can you imagine having never tried an injector and going right to the Cobra? Yep, a bit of a learning curve for sure. Rowlers, if you haven't tried injector shaving you can get a taste of the two Cobra versions for not much cash. Just buy an old Schick and some decent blades and see what happens.

Dick, it sounds like you may have found a pleasant change of pace razor. Heh, let's see how those Pro blades work out.

Martin

dodgy said:
Hey buddy, what's doin over there in Limeyland,

I know what you mean regarding pushing the shaving envelope. I need to pay attention when trolling that heavy sharp thing around on my face and neck. Also, that kinda blade feels almost, but not quite unpleasant. Right on the edge so to speak. Can you imagine having never tried an injector and going right to the Cobra? Yep, a bit of a learning curve for sure. Rowlers, if you haven't tried injector shaving you can get a taste of the two Cobra versions for not much cash. Just buy an old Schick and some decent blades and see what happens.

Dick, it sounds like you may have found a pleasant change of pace razor. Heh, let's see how those Pro blades work out.

Martin

Hi Martin,
I've got a PAL Adjustable, so I've scratched the injector "Itch!"
Feel like I'm missing out on something though!

Shower
NSS Bamboo and Grape
FS Silvertip
Gillette Tech on Custom SS Handle
Rapira Swedish [3]
Seven 3/8
Blue Stratos AS
Had plenty of time today, so had a little play with my one and only straight! Actually manage a shave with it, only one tiny nick. Finished off with the Tech for a different shave from the norm.

Have a nice weekend

Cold water splash
Haslinger Schafmilch
MÜHLE 23mm STF V2
ATT M2 Kronos
Perma-Sharp Super (1)
Proraso ASB Eucalyptus & Menthol

Had forgotten how well the MÜHLE synthetic whips up lather... boatloads!

SATURDAY MORNING

Prep: Hot rinse
Razor: Mongoose Polished
Blade: Feather Professional Super
Brush: Muhle V2 synthetic
Soap: WS stick - face lathered
AS: Hai Karate
EDT: Penhaligons Castile

Another corking shave. This combo is right up there for me.

Finished with possibly my favourite Pens scent.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

1964 rebranded Macys silvertip flopmeister that still works fine with this soap.
'Webly'/Gillette Super Stainless (1992 NOS)
RL Safari SS
Barbershop Bay Rum AS and more splashed on like cologne

Looking forward to getting a Mongoose soon for another test drive, The first 4 shaves a while back should be a good base to start with now, plus I have tried a few blades.

Heh, it'll be so long to any drama free shaves. I need to pay attention with that sharp thing on my face. This razor/blade combo used today can be very pleasant and not much thinking needed.

BBS results,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom