S.O.T.D Saturday 1st July - Friday 7th July

Today's SOTN

Fantastic this! Absolutely loved it, feeling human again, really can't fault anything used tonight.
2d46f9f460f21707d2b20271e2a9e0de.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bath/ Nivea Men Sensitive
Wilkinson's Coconut & Vanilla body butter
Truefitt & Hill No10
RazoRock 400
Merkur 37c/Wilkinson Sword (2)
Hot/Cold rinse
Peppermint/ witch hazel mixture
Proraso Green ASL
GFT deodorant stick

After yesterday's faultless shave with a Wilkinson blade in the DE89L I loaded the blade into my 37c to see how it performed in a keener razor. The result was, er , a keener shave.
No10 provided good protection throughout 3 passes.
Today is a sad, sad day. My GFT deodorant stick has finally seen its last use.
I've always liked the GFT scent, and will be replacing it with the same soon.

Bath/ Nivea Men Sensitive
Wilkinson's Coconut & Vanilla body butter
Truefitt & Hill No10
RazoRock 400
Merkur 37c/Wilkinson Sword (2)
Hot/Cold rinse
Peppermint/ witch hazel mixture
Proraso Green ASL
GFT deodorant stick

After yesterday's faultless shave with a Wilkinson blade in the DE89L I loaded the blade into my 37c to see how it performed in a keener razor. The result was, er , a keener shave.
No10 provided good protection throughout 3 passes.
Today is a sad, sad day. My GFT deodorant stick has finally seen its last use.
I've always liked the GFT scent, and will be replacing it with the same soon.
RIP GFT Deo Stick :)

SOTD%20Jul%203%202017_zpsfwgdu4nf.jpg

GUERRILLA/NACET :: EVERSET :: WHOLLY KAW

First shave with the Guerrilla was very nice, although the handle was not intuitive to use. It's size is quite different from my other handles and will take a few shaves to adjust to. The head worked very well. Also first use of Wholly Kaw. Excellent. Overall a terrific shave.

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 04 July 2017

Brush: - Semogue SOC Boar in Ash Wood 24/55mm
Cream/Soap: - Wholly Kaw - Chypre Rose Concerto Special Edition (tallow)
Razor: - Colonial General Aluminum Head with the iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Feather Professional #3
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Lavender' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: - Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male EDT

Greetings

Tuesday 4th July 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM OCMM
Blade: GEM Blue Star Carbon
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft
Soap: Dusy Kabinett
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDP: Gres Cabochard

I am very familiar with the now discontinued Klar Kabinett but this is the first time I have used the Dusy Kabinett, the Rose scent is less pronounced in the Dusy but to me the performance seems to be identical ie very good.

Many thanks to Paul (Blademonkey) for kindly giving me this soap

Regards
Dick.

4.7.17.JPG

image.jpg SOTD 4th July

Prep.....Shower - lavender & olive oil soap
Razor....Hone Type 15
Blade....Personna Platinium
Soap....Fine Itallan citrus
Brush....Blademonkey Boar
Post...Thayers Rose petal - BBA post shave balm
Scent....Aventus (Mr Perfume)

A fine shave today, the first time I've used this blade and found it to be quite a good match for the Hone 15.
The Fine Italain citrus not only smells great but is a good performer too , easy to whip into a creamy lather using my ceramic handled boar and the Little Wren lathering bowl.
The Hone - Personna combo soon had me as smooth as can be .
A splash of Thayers followed by BBA psb and I was good to go.
Aventus oil placed on my pulse points should have me smeling great all day :)

Wishing you all a tremendous Teusday..........:)

SOTD: 4th July 2017.
c.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cussons Imperial Leather:~ Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Omega ~'S' Series Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Cream : Truefitt & Hill Almond.

Blade: Personna ~Super Comfort Coated .(1)

Razor: Parker 99R .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture/Boots ~ 'Freshwood' A/S .

Boots~ 'Freshwood' A/S Balm.

Greetings,
First time use of the Truefitt & Hill Almond cream sample kindly passed on to me by @AnthH , the verdict?...a excellent cream which provided me with a wonderfully scented slick protective lather for the shave...i'll be using the Rose sample in my next SOTD, which i look forward to using. Superb cream.:)

My Parker 99R/Personna~Super Comfort coated paired up superbly,very smooth & efficient, resulting in another excellent 3 pass + pick ups, silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the Shave off in style with a generous splash of Boots~Freshwood A/S..Superb stuff!.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Greetings All,

Tuesday shave.

One days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – showered with face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: Prorosa Red pre-share
Soap: Prorosa Red
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Personna Blue (3rd)
Brush:RazoRock 400 Noir

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, cold rinse, followed by Proraso aftershave lotion (red) and Nivea 2 Phase.

Only two passes today as I was not confident with the Personna Blue blade – seems to dull very quickly.

New soap wiith the Prorosa Red - very nice pleseant smell and my Razorock 400 whipped up a great lather.

Today's result, quite a bit of initial irritation which ease off.

I think a new blade tomorrow.

Morning gents,

First shave with the Rockwell 6C yesterday with around a week's growth. Hectic week last week, I was barely home and the weekend was manic as well. As such, it was great to be able to finally get a chance to whip off the beard, albeit I thought I would have more time than I did, we had impromptu plans made for the evening so I had to get showered, shaved and ready in just over 20minutes. Certainly a good test for the Rockwell on its first outing!

So I'd been recommended plate 4. That's what I went with, loaded up with an Astra SP on its 3rd outing. Lathered up with the lovely blue marble Shavemac and the rather nice 1912 Scottish Heather, when I'm in the mood for something different, fresh but powerful, I know I can reach for this, only its second use, but it's very nice! Great lather and I was ready to go…

Well, the Rockwell is very smooth! It has a bit of blade feel, but I never felt like it was going to bite me, I thought the head would be too ungainly, it wasn't. I thought I wouldn't be able to easily get under the nose, I could. I took my time (as best as I could considering it needed to be a quick shave) and let the razor do the work as much as possible. I was rewarded with a very smooth, close finish after two passes, with no irritation or nicks. This was a very good shave, I am impressed. Looking forward to its next outing, maybe on a lower plate, with less growth just to see how I find it.

The razor itself is very nicely made and put together, the finish is great. I'm impressed with the quality. It's a bit ugly and the head is a bit bulky, but what a great razor at this price point!

img_20170701_102813-01-jpeg.14197

oGh0c1Hc6FQeG4SWfC8X0l5SlTu6BSd90HG61vFEthJGKL3DJh9AYaLCa6ZEut3UuA5Ank_OSv3FMndXXwrBms55Ks9s12-KDXr11jXInC02WKWbhoVXFGzOdn2UTUCCfwRzLr0yEwGuR2nDYCTYnFN704Yabeyo5d8V4EHgyu3TKQeLtEeQOgEAZqvjYY0EPUptM9CanB8HMQ_34DweuxfNcbPRbe-qqs8cGcSsKSiSUn6GZ5HK4TCI970UAObLwyiYXz0mf3wpOh7AmkLZnmxMoSPsGad0dRlsrwl99AvegFLDRIc5aMMOlyreaHB7e1RcBeDiKvW5WTCq2jrOPMGxMLrtKQbuGz8iMICGhb_gxShvdiCTQg6wUqX47YavOUsPjEYg_Cc3OJoOSYm5MoUG17p3K0YbIG9tjTuy43Z2HaliaOuWU9JHnaYYFJqYhXhI1CA96VB_t8xv2CSl9_9mCY3lVl3tF79liClAV4PuAevjSfCw2d5RitBiwtVUYS8osdy67H09mdbhLyDvl-aY6WdSMPW3eWX7U7KEM0Kbr9UL-xGZqi5hHRMFYHnM-6AL-b40YK5g1mFx6tmMU4lxX0CG5NX19a8D-XkEGU5A-3jY8EyvxQ=w879-h659-no

Brush: Vie Long 04503
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (3)
Soap: PAA 11235

A last minute audible meaning the razor was changed after the photograph (and I'm too lazy to do another). I wanted to know whether it was the razor or blade that disagreed with me, knowing the blade better I decided to change razor. Ended up with a superb shave with no issue at all. Definitely was the razor at fault as I suspected. A no issue shave with a fantastic soap and post shave.

4/7/17

Pre - RSC Facial Scrub
Soap - Arko
Brush - Omega S10065
Razor - DE89
Blade - Personna Platinum Chrome (7)
Post Shave - Witch Hazel

The degradation of sharpness of the Personna Red has been really impressive with the 7th shave having near enough exact the same sharpness as the 2nd. I'm coming to realise I'm not someone who can use more than a few soaps as it takes me a while to work in the right amount of water.

Back
Top Bottom