S.O.T.D. Saturday 14th January to Friday 20th January 2017

Hi Pat,
What are your thoughts on the RR xxx splash? Does it leave a nice face feel, how long does the scent last and does it smell like Aqua di Parma?

Cheers
Rob

Hi Rob, to me the xxx starts with a citrus scent , when it dries down there is a vetiver scent that comes through . The scent lasts on me between one to two hours although not that strong.
The post shave feel is good, maybe similar to the Fine after shave .

Razor: Gillette Black Beauty R-2 1971
Blade: Personna 74* Tungsten Plus (5)
Brush: Nylon 3-D printer brush and bowl (by Tom White)
Soap: Route 66 Bay Lime Twist
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud Lime

Excellent 3 pass shave today. The Bay Lime Twist is a synergy of pure East Indian Bay brightened with a generous twist of lime, mingled with ginger and supporting notes of lemon, lily, and grapefruit. It has a long lasting, slick lather, protective cushion and glide, with a soothing post shave conditioning.

Down by the river side.

Nice brush and bowl..

View attachment 23154

Pre musgo oil soap

Brush Semogue 1438
Soap. SV 70th
Razor. Muhle R89
Blade. Ladas Super Stainless

post. Thayer Lavender WH
. Nivia ASB
+ 1 on the Semogue 1438,Muhle R89 & Ladas Super Stainless blades..they are all excellent products,which perform superbly,and match up to any of the higher-priced shaving products imho.Regards.

Tabac Trepidatious Friday
Prep: Hot shower
Pre: S.M.Novella pre-shave cream
Soap: Tabac
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Brush: Muhle 23mm Kosmo synthetic
Razor: ATT SE1 + Bamboo handle
Blade: Feather Pro Super (1)
After: WH, Tabac AS, Tabac ASB

After being beaten up by this SE1 razor before, I approached today's new blade with some trepidation. This time I'd palm-stropped the blade four or five times before loading it. I don't know if that made anymuch difference but I managed the shave without incident or accident. In fact, a nice irritation-free result.
My Tabac soap is beginning to doughnut so I might just keep using it until it's empty and free up some space in my bathroom manbinet.

Have a great weekend, folks.