S.O.T.D. Sat. 7th Sept. to Frid. 13th Sept. 2013

Monday 9th September

Brush: Omega 10810
Soap: Derby stick- grated into tub, face lathered
Razor: Gillette New Long Comb
Blade: Racer (1)

My first shave back with a DE after over 2 weeks with an injector. It was very enjoyable, not as fast as shaving with the Schick but a good shave. The Racer is incredibly smooth, and teamed with this razor, provides a very close shave which is still mild. The derby soap impressed me, thick lather was flowing after 10 seconds of swirling, and after 20 seconds there was plenty of lather in this small knot for 3-4 passes, easily. My 2 passes ATG were smooth and slick. The problem is the scent seems to be burnt in my mind now! The brush is a good shape and feels nice in my hand, too. I should use my smaller brushes more, I seem to make a better lather with them. With longer loft and bigger knot brushes, sometimes my lather seems to dissipate or end up deep in the knot between passes, and this makes lathering up again for the second pass difficult. Not the case with the smaller brushes.

I guess that's a technique issue, one that I'll iron out. Good shave, no other aftercare needed.

Monday:

Tabac soap
NF Tubby 2
Gem OCMM
Gem bade
TOBS Mr Taylor's AS

The OCMM was the perfect razor to clear two days of stubble, nice and smooth and ready to face the week.

Good morning Gentlemen,

-Cadman & Sons Bengall 13/16" (restored by Neil Miller)
-Custom Finest Badger Shaving Brush (TFN hair, Omega handle)
-Neil Miller Strops
-La Toja shaving soap (in a bowl)
-Truefitt & Hill 1805 After Shave Lotion

Fantastic shave!

%25CE%2591%25CE%25BD%25CF%2584%25CE%25AF%25CE%25B3%25CF%2581%25CE%25B1%25CF%2586%25CE%25BF+%25CE%25B1%25CF%2580%25CF%258C+SOTD-09-09-2013.JPG

Monday ix September, 2013

Prep: Shower, Arran Aromatics Eucalyptus & Peppermint Glycerin soap
Pre: Cold water splash
Brush: Thater 4125/2 Finest Silvertip
Soap: NOS Old Spice mug soap
Razor: Digress HD
Blade: NOS Permasharp #2

Result: Pretty good this morning, the Thater is still breaking in but it is certainly a fine brush and I love the knot.

Have a good day, gents.

Jon

Greetings

Monday 9th September 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM Damaskeene OC
Blade: GEM Blue Star Carbon
Brush: Vulfix 406 Boar
Cream: La Toja
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

A super comfortable close shave.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04605.JPG

Sunday

Prep : clinique face soap and scruff
Razor : Fatip Piccolo
Blade : Lord Platinum
Brush : Simpsons Commodore X2
Soap : C&E Sandalwood
Splash : Clinique Happy

found a pack of Lord Platinum which I had over 12 months ago in a sample pack. Only one blade out of it so they can't have left too much of a good impression but decided togive them another go. Nice shave with the C&E sandalwood. I have a serious lack of hard soaps but this is very nice and I do need to sort out about getting some more hard soaps.

Monday 09-09-13. MUSIC: ZZ Top - Greatest Hits.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2V6qGX7VRs[/video]

0b317b80-b14e-4b62-83c7-a0b457c55d27.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Gillette Rocket HD 500 - Gillette Platinum #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Pré de Provence - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB Korres - ASL Pour un Homme de Caron.

My birthday today so looked out some stuff I had been meaning to use and came up with this combination.

[attachment=8471]

I bought the Williams cream ages ago from Connaught and on first use it is very good. It produces a nice cushioning lather with a fresh scent while the Aqua Velva is as always menthol goodness in a bottle, the ice blue is my favourite variety of AV.

This was a very nice combination which I will definitely repeat a few times.

Attachments

• BDAY.jpg
    BDAY.jpg
    349 KB · Views: 21
Tall_Paul said:
SUNDAY EVENING

Razor: Kai Captain Excelia
Blade: Feather Proguard
Bit of a Eureka moment tonight. Best straight shave EVVVAAAHHHH!!

This was my experience all along with straights - I called it a quantum leap in terms of shave quality - without knowing what I was doing differently. However, with the two Kamisori razors I have, I've gone backwards a bit because I've yet to find the optimum way of holding them.

Monday 9th September

SOTD9913_zpsbc679175.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Speick cream bowl lathered
Simpson Commodore x3 best badger brush
Gillette 1930's Aristocrat
Sputnik (3)
Cold rinse
Thayers lavender witch hazel
Speick aftershave

3 excellent shaves in a row from the Aristocrat and Sputnik. A different Aristocrat and fresh Sputnik loaded up ready for tomorrows shave. The Speick creams still got some more shaves left in it.

Brian

pearl open comb
perma sharp super
muhle silvertip fibre
mikes lily of the valley shaving soap
skin bracer AS

good shave. a few small weepers from over egging it to get a perfect shave, went with a cold rinse though. mikes natural shaving soap is really good stuff, if you dont mind biting the bullet with the shipping charges its well worth checking out.

Weber Polished, Bulldog
Gillette 7oc SharpEdge (1)
Semogue SOC boar
Vito's Extra Super Coconut
Proraso Aftershave balm

A comfortable shave today, after a lovely soak in the bath. Bowl lathered for a change with my Woodhead pedestal bowl that I criminally underuse. I'm in a happy rhythm with the Vito's these days; it's now practically scentless but it provides a yoghurty, protective lather. Probably the best Italian soap I've used.

There was heavy traffic late last night getting home from a wedding weekend, so I was delighted to get through the door this evening. I'm about to collapse onto the sofa with a cup of tea for the night.

Monday:

Evening, all.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Åžik Bay
Blade: Super Max Blue Diamond (3)
Brush: Erasmic
Shave soap: Palmolive stick
A/S: Mandate
Cologne: Pino Silvestre (tonight)

Another top shave.

Back
Top Bottom