S.O.T.D. Sat. 7th Sept. to Frid. 13th Sept. 2013

Saturday vii September, 2013

Prep: Shower, Nivea Q10 Facial Scrub
Pre: Cold water splash
Brush: Thater 4125/2 Finest Silvertip
Soap: Martin de Candre Fougere
Razor: Digress HD
Blade: NOS Permasharp #1

Result: It's my daughters 3rd birthday tomorrow so, knowing the morning would be busy, I had a relaxing Saturday evening shave. I also took the opportunity to crack open a couple of the higher end products I have in my stash. The Fougere is wonderful. I have to admit that the Fougere scent is sublime and probably my favourite. The Thater's brush was excellent and I look forward to using it again. First use also of a Permasharp and my conclusion - superb blade. Sailed through my mouth to nose upward sweep test. All in all, a very relaxing, and altogether excellent, allround shave.

And I missed Strictly Come Dancing so it was doubly pleasurable!

Cheers,

Jon

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Rod Neep custom in Desert Ironwood
Razor: Max Sprecher, hollow in gost jade scales
Soap: Jabonman Lavanda
AS: Myrsol Aqua Lime
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean

Perfect shave with a a perfect razor, I really like this blade and the rest of the stuff wasn't shabby either

Magnus: no, looks very cool! Wouldn't mind having a look later! Heljestrand made so many different designs on their models, most often it was about changing the grind within a model - M K models with the same no can vary in grind very much between different years. A little strange, but never the less so.​

Hi Brian the thayers witch hazel you use. Is it a strong smell of lavender? I want to buy some but I was wondering if it smelt of lavender.

Greetings

Sunday 8th September 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM Micromatic Flying Wing
Blade: GEM Blue Star carbon
Brush: Vie-Long Horse
Soap: Speick Stick grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

A lovely shave.

Regards
Dick.

Mixing it up as I'm trying to get better at straight shaving too. Did a WTG pass with the 7/8 Frederick Reynolds (recent BST from Rob and what a cracking razor it is too!) then Cobra'd for the XTG and ATG with tidy ups.

Sounds Andrew Marr Show on Beeb 1

Pre Zirh Oil
Soap T & H Sandalwood Soap
Brush Rubberset 400 2 band
Razor As above
Blade Feather Pro
Post Zirh Soothe / Nivea Menthol Balm
Cologne Paco Rabanne XS

BBS form collar to ear - minimal burn!!

Off to Katies Tea Rooms for a Full English - Get in

Ratty

[attachment=8469]

Attachments

• IMG_8064.JPG
    422.9 KB · Views: 34
Gillette Slim
7 o'clock yellow
NF Tubby1 in super 2 band
TOBS Eton College
C&E Sienna asb
Armani Acqua di Gio cologne

Probably last shave with Slim for a while. Gives a lovely clean shave and easy to use. Time to rotate, maybe the Flaretip or something newer...

Good afternoon friends!

PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: 27mm SIMPSON Polo PL 10 Best Badger
SOAP/CREAM: Jabonman - Brisa de Oriente (Gift of the Spanish 'Forum)
RAZOR: 6/8" Mastro Livi, Half hollow ground, Round Point (w/ Boxwood scales)
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla After Shave Lotion
RESULT: Great shave, BBS!

Have a nice week,
Béla​

Simpson Chubby 1 Super 2 Band
Edwin Jagger Ivory Chatsworth
Personna Med
D.R. Harris Lavender Shaving Soap
Myrsol Agua Balsamica
Myrsol Emulsion

Thanks Brian I will give it a go :icon_razz:

782sirbrian said:
Saturday 7th September

Gillette 1936 Aristocrat Deluxe

Amazing shave from the Aristocrat and the Sputnik :icon_razz:, not as aggressive as I imagined it might be, just efficient.

Brian

That's my favorite open comb razor. Unusual head design that has a decent amount of bite, but is still a comfortable shaver. Heh, those teeth feel interesting on my face.

If I may mention, that razor's known as the 1934 type Aristocrat. One of only a few US made Gillettes with that handle knurling.

Martin

Thanks Martin I was dating it from Mr Razor's site. Mine's in the Gold case with matching blade container. So it could be from 1934 onwards how long did Gillette make this model ?
Regards Brian