S.O.T.D Sat. 30th Nov. to Frid. 6th Dec. 2013

Tuesday evening

Merkur Progress on 3
Lord Super
C&E super badger
Erasmic bowl soap
Myrsol Agua Balsamica

First time using the Erasmic soap, quite nice but reminds very much of the Wilkinson Sword blue bowl soap.

The Myrsol is immense (I've decided) even this morning my face feels pretty good and I love the scent but the quality of finish after the shave is exceptional. Nect time I order with Gifats and Care think I'll have to get some more of this stuff.

Greetings

Wednesday 4th December 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: PAL Adjustable
Blade: Personna Stainless Coated
Brush: Semogue OC Boar
Soap: La Toja Stick grated
Aftershave: Floid Balm

An ok shave from this 'somewhat difficult' injector.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04962.JPG

Razor: Gillette 1958 TV Rocket.
Blade: Gillette Swede (2).
Pre: Proraso green pre.
Brush: Simpsons Special, pure.
Soap: Proraso green tub.
Aftershave: Proraso green.
EdT: D. R. Harris Windsor.

[attachment=9005]

If it wasn't cold enough this morning I decided to go for a green shave today. ;) I do enjoy Proraso, I don't do a full green shave often enough.
The rocket and swede went well together, a mild shave but very enjoyable. The special on the other hand was its second use, I bought it to try Simpsons pure grade hair, I still don't like it very much at all.

See you have kept to your assertion that you are going to give your MMOC and your iKon slant a fair crack of the whip!

:icon_razz:

Sm304 said:
Razor: Gillette 1958 TV Rocket.
Blade: Gillette Swede (2).
Pre: Proraso green pre.
Brush: Simpsons Special, pure.
Soap: Proraso green tub.
Aftershave: Proraso green.
EdT: D. R. Harris Windsor.

If it wasn't cold enough this morning I decided to go for a green shave today. ;) I do enjoy Proraso, I don't do a full green shave often enough.
The rocket and swede went well together, a mild shave but very enjoyable. The special on the other hand was its second use, I bought it to try Simpsons pure grade hair, I still don't like it very much at all.

bilbo72 said:
Prep: Hot Water
Soap: L'Occitane CADE
Brush: Simpson "The Duke" D3 Manchurian Briar LE
Razor: Muhle R106
Blade: Viking's Sword by Personna
AS: Vetiver Guerlain
EDT : Vetiver Guerlain

Congrats on the photo, great colours and excellent use of bokeh.
Only problem is the dimensions of the photo are so big I can only see the whole photo on a wide-screen monitor.

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso preshave - sensitive
Soap: Stirling Smart Dressed Man (sample)
Brush: Semogue 830
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Razor: Weber + Bulldog
Blade: Astra SP (1)
After: Clarins (sample) AS, T&H No.10 ASB

First use of this Stirling soap (after a random practice lathering last night) and it lathered up very nicely. I think all my Stirling soaps lather up the same way and I've now got the knack, just need to load more than usual and spend a bit longer in the bowl. The Smart Dressed Man scent was just about undetectable which was disappointing but the skin conditioning was lovely.

Result DFS. Good day, gents.

SOTD20131203_zps913c883c.jpg

Hairsuite said:
See you have kept to your assertion that you are going to give your MMOC and your iKon slant a fair crack of the whip!

:icon_razz:

I will, it's just that the TV rocket is rhodium plated and it was just so shiny.
The MMOC will get it's turn when I come back. It's just too much to risk taking it away and being stuck with nothing but a face shredder for two weeks! The iKon may come with me though. :)

Wednesday 4th December

SOTD41213_zps59911671.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Tabac grated scuttle lathered
Simpson 59 best badger brush
Gillette New Improved silver
Sputnik (3)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Old Spice Sensitive aftershave

A decent shave, last for the Sputnik. A new blade loaded into a different razor for tomorrows shave.

Wednesday
Simpson pre shave oil/Simpson Duke 3 brush/Taylor of Old Bond Street Shaving Shop cream/UFO Goliath/Merkur/Polsilver/La Toja Lotion/Jojoba Oil
DSC_0555.JPG

Back
Top Bottom