S.O.T.D. Sat. 14th Sept. to Frid. 20th Sept. 2013

Prep : Warm shower and Nivea Face Scrub
Razor : Aristocrat #21
Blade : Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow
Soap : TOBS Sandalwood Soap
Brush : EJ Super Badger
Post shave : Alum and Superdrug Forest Fresh

Back to basics with this one as I'm on holidays and the water here in Herefordshire is waaaaay softer than in Derby, so soaps lather with no fuss. Two WTG passes followed by an ATG; BBS.....Natch.

Thursday 19th September

SOTD19913_zps49769141.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
TOBS Grapefruit cream bowl lathered
Simpson Milk churn best badger brush
Gillette Fat handle tech
Gillette 7 o'clock sharp edge (2)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Sir Irisch moos aftershave balsam

Comfortable shave in the end, the Sharp edge was dull on one edge yesterday and today it was just the same (thought it was in my mind :s ), I plodded on with the shave using mainly the one better edge. I've changed the razor and loaded a different fresh blade for tomorrows shave.

UKRob said:
Sunday lunchtime shave - after the morning cycle ride and before the afternoon footy.

Preshave - Jaggers hydrating cream
Soap - Martin de Candre
Brush - Rubberset original boar
Balm - Santa Maria Novella
A/S - Myersol Blue
Razor - Japanese Kamisori

A real mixed bag of nations today. The end result was good but I'm still not very confident with this razor as the handle is very narrow - I wrapped somed waxed cord around it to bulk it up but what I think it needs is just more and more use.The brush is very good and dries back to it's original shape.​

Rob,

I have the same components... haven't used my Kamisori yet... but I know exactly what you mean by the handle. My boar knot in my nr 3 doesn't appear to be in as good shape as yours (and I mean that literally - mine is pretty flat on the top). The handle though, is a work of art.

Cheers

Jon

Rob,

I have the same components... haven't used my Kamisori yet... but I know exactly what you mean by the handle. My boar knot in my nr 3 doesn't appear to be in as good shape as yours (and I mean that literally - mine is pretty flat on the top). The handle though, is a work of art.

Cheers

Jon
[/quote]

The brush is flat - I believe they all are - it's just the angle of the photo that makes it appear rounded. I think it was in fact never used - that's how it was advertised anyway. Post a photo of your Kamisori when you can.

UKRob said:

Rob,

Cheers

Jon

The brush is flat - I believe they all are - it's just the angle of the photo that makes it appear rounded. I think it was in fact never used - that's how it was advertised anyway. Post a photo of your Kamisori when you can.
[/quote]

Aaah, OK. I don't think the knot in mine was used so it needs some breaking in. I seem to struggle lathering soap in a bowl. Face lathering with a stick is not a problem. Strange..

Here is my Kamisori....

P1040995_zps6d45f856.jpg

Looks fantastic... I need to use it.

Jon

Prep: Cold water
Soap: MdC
Brush: Shavemac 177 Silvertip
Razor: Weber Polished/Bulldog
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Black/Indian (1)
EdT: Lalique Hommage a l'Homme

Very enjoyable shave today :)

Prep: Hot shower, with Neutrogena Razor Defense Face Scrub
Pre: Village Barber oil
Soap: TOBS Avocado
Brush: E&J Chatsworth Best Badger
Razor: E&J DE89 Chatsworth
Blade: Rapira Stainless (1)

Absolutely the best shave this month. My first time trying a Rapira blade and I'm mighty impressed. Very sharp, very close and very comfortable.

jds said:
UKRob said:

Rob,

Cheers

Jon

Aaah, OK. I don't think the knot in mine was used so it needs some breaking in. I seem to struggle lathering soap in a bowl. Face lathering with a stick is not a problem. Strange..

Here is my Kamisori....

P1040995_zps6d45f856.jpg

Looks fantastic... I need to use it.

Jon
[/quote]

Greetings

Bloody scary looking, I'd be happy to fillet a couple of trout with it or bone out a brace of pheasants but I wouldn't let it near my face!!

Regards
Dick.

Weber Polished, Bulldog
Polsilver Stainless (3)
Semogue SOC boar
Vito's Extra Super Coconut
Proraso Aftershave balm
Diptyque Tam Dao edt

Weber is King, at the moment, for quick, effective and fuss free shaves. More so than my Tech, which has long become redundant. Perhaps it's because my sole razor for practically the first year of DE shaving was a Merkur 34c - which shares characteristics with the Weber.

Face wash with Pears oil-control soap
Merkur Digress HD B / Rapira
Simpsons 'Rover' Manchurian Butterscotch
Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet Shaving Cream
Myrsol Agua Balsamica
Penhaligons Lavandula

No complaints

Greetings

Friday 20th September 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick Injector J3 Golden 500
Blade: Personna Stainless Coated
Brush: Semogue OC Boar
Soap: Speick Stick grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

A really nice shave.

Regards
Dick

DSC04641.JPG

Friday xx September, 2013

Prep: Shower, Arran Aromatics Peppermint & Eucalyptus glycerin soap
Pre: Cold water splash
Brush: Thäter 4125/2
Soap: Ogallala Bay Rum, Lime & Peppercorn shave stick
Razor: Digress HD
Blade: Personna Lab Blue #3
Fragrance: Ogallala Bay Rum scented witch hazel

Result: No complaints. Day off today to drive to devon to scatter some ashes, so nice unhurried, relaxed shave.

All the best,

Jon

harrygr said:
Wade & Butcher Special 6/8"
Omega 48
Nanny's Men's Only (Greek Forum) special edition
Face Lather
Neil Miller-2.5" Latigo Leather
Aqua Velva (Williams)
WTG, XTG & ATG (neck)

Have a nice weekend!

barlines said:

Face wash with Pears oil-control soap
Merkur Digress HD B / Rapira
Simpsons 'Rover' Manchurian Butterscotch
Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet Shaving Cream
Myrsol Agua Balsamica
Penhaligons Lavandula

No complaints

Two great photos. I really enjoy looking at the SOTD shots.

Back
Top Bottom