Russian Blades

I've gone through a few pages of blades an it looks as if Russian blades are the most popular, not Egyptian or Indian and a few more, all good reading though....
Given the general issues that you seem to be having at the moment, you might be better sticking with one type of blade for a few shaves until you get happier with your technique. Then you can start adding other variables like different blades and soaps to see what works for you.

Blades are personal, but my emerging situation is that I seem to like any blades made in Russia, and find them all the be pretty similar. There may be differences between Permasharps, Gillette Yellows, Polsilver, Voskhod, GSBs, etc, but they are not material to my mind, and I suspect I wouldn't be able to distinguish between them all in a blind test. And if I can't tell the difference, then it shouldn't be an issue as to which ones I am using.

That said, I'm a total brand tart, and quite like mincing about with a few different blade brands so I can swap them in and out from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom