Runny moistureiser in big quantity

Hello,
I am needing something to use as a post shave moistureiser. I have never been one to use many products in the pampering line, so I have very little knowledge of what is out there and where.

I am looking for something that is quite runny and leaves a natural feel (ie nothing that is gunky and sticky) to use on legs etc as a post shave treatment. The main thing is I do not want to be using some of the post shave balms which I love but come in tiny tubs as there is a lot of skin to cover and I am a tight Scott.

Can anyone help with some suggestions?

Fiona

Hi Fionafish,
You haven't said what you use to shave or how - so we can't know how your skin is left afterwards, or how it is before shaving. I'd recommend you ask your Dr. when you next visit (as you women are prone to shaving in the most sensitive places), even ask for a prescription for something like Epiderm (tub not lotion and hydrate it in your hands). From personal experience ....
" Aqueous Cream ---- A recent research study into the use of aqueous cream on healthy skin showed that regular use of aqueous cream can reduce the thickness of healthy skin and increase water loss from the skin. This is thought to be because it contains a detergent called sodium lauryl sulphate rather than just moisturisers. Skin experts now recommend that people with eczema only use aqueous cream as a soap substitute. There are many alternative moisturisers available for use in people with eczema."
and not just eczema. Aqueous Cream was designed as a soap substitute and was never meant to be left on the skin. And if the experiences of several ex's count - don't shave less than 24 hours after boozing. I can't believe that some forumites recommend putting a detergent on your legs!
love'n'joy
Lloyd

Might be worth contacting Henk for a sample of his own aftershave balm. I had a sample a while back and it worked very well and was definitely on the runny side. PM him - username Henk.

Edit: I realise that Henk's balm may cost more than you are budgeting, but might be worth a try - you may love it and feel it is worth the cost.

fionafish said:
I am looking for something that is quite runny and leaves a natural feel (ie nothing that is gunky and sticky) to use on legs etc as a post shave treatment.

lloydedwards said:
Hi Fionafish,
You haven't said what you use to shave or how

here you go highlighted it and took out all the other stuff as I know you find it hard to read large paragraphs. I found the ops post very clear and to the point of what they were wanting in the way of advice and no indication of having any outside of normal need for moisturiser so fail to see you point or any sense in your post as usual.

cheers

fear and pain pedro

pedro083 said:
fionafish said:
I am looking for something that is quite runny and leaves a natural feel (ie nothing that is gunky and sticky) to use on legs etc as a post shave treatment.

lloydedwards said:
Hi Fionafish,
You haven't said what you use to shave or how

here you go highlighted it and took out all the other stuff as I know you find it hard to read large paragraphs. I found the ops post very clear and to the point of what they were wanting in the way of advice and no indication of having any outside of normal need for moisturiser so fail to see you point or any sense in your post as usual.

cheers

fear and pain pedro

Well to be fair to Lloyd, his question wasn't asking what Fiona shaves but what she uses and how she goes about it.

That said, I don't see why the question needed asking. Whether she is using cartridge, DE or straight is irrelevant. The lady is in need of something to soothe her skin after a blade has passed over it. She doesn't want anything too gunky or something that will break the bank. And that's that.

Rhubarb and custard, PC

Pig Cat said:
The lady is in need of something to soothe her skin after a blade has passed over it. She doesn't want anything too gunky or something that will break the bank. And that's that.

There's no mention of budget limitations there - apart from unwillingness to pay a tenner for a miniscule tube of some Loreal crap (e.g.), and that I can well understand. I'm in fact surprised everyone's trying to save Fiona's money :) There's plenty of some real good stuff out there that's worth every penny and I'm sure any lady's budget is considerate of such things, even being a tight (PC, how did you miss that one?) Scott :)

I'd suggest a sample of Prof Blighty's balsaam Fi. It's light, non greasy & leaves my oily male skin soft & refreshed. I believe it's got such goodies as jojoba oil & similar in it, however I'll leave it to Martin to supply an accurate list of the ingredients, as I get stuff like that wrong.
If you want to try a splodge & don't mind Blueberry aroma drop me a pm & I'll post some through to you.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Not just legs ;-) Having said that I am not sensitive.

Thank you for all the suggestions, I will hit a supermarket and see what to start with.

I have recently moved on to straights, but have no plans to limit myself to only straights (apart from for the length of March), I will continue to use DEs also.

My skin quality is great with no concerns I need to work around.

I am not a lady that spends much money on fancy products and would much rather go for cheap and practical for daily use. I will use as much as I want to of a cheap product which would not be true of one that was more expensive. I am tight and will work from a cheap solution to one that is more expensive only moving up if I feel that what I use is lacking in something. So I wanted bulk inexpensive ideas. I am pleased with the range of suggestions as some of them sound like they will be a good possibility.

When I want something special I will be able to use some of my husbands quality post shave balms.

Hope this helps to quell the storm.

Fiona

Thank you for that JohnnyO that is a very kind offer, however as I am likely to go for something cheaper if I can get away with it I will try not to be tempted in to further pampering.

Back
Top Bottom