Running before I can walk!

I used my 7/8, 1/4 grind gast night and found it a bit difficult and awkward to use, guess I'd better get some more experience with smaller razors and then go back to it. :lol:

Why is the difference between 5/8 and 6/8 not as noticable as the difference between 6/8 and 7/8?

Has anyone else found this or is it just me?

Most likely is the length of the cutting edge/and blade on TI longer than on your more norrower blades (guessing here) and that makes things much more complicated than a 1/16 in width. But some moves also gets more complecated when moving up in width (under the honker for one).

I hadnt thought of the length of the blade, it is considerably longer than my other razors. That would explain a lot, cheers Mikael.

I'll get some more practice in and then have another go in a few weeks.

The irritation on my neck may have died down by then!

matt31 said:
I used my 7/8, 1/4 grind gast night and found it a bit difficult and awkward to use, guess I'd better get some more experience with smaller razors and then go back to it. :lol:

Why is the difference between 5/8 and 6/8 not as noticable as the difference between 6/8 and 7/8?

Has anyone else found this or is it just me?

My 1st was a 7/8 AJ Johnson Sheffield Steel..took me a lot longer to figure out but in the end I liked it..a bigger blade can hold more lather..less need to rinse off

B

I haven't got anything quite up to 7/8, but my big Hamburg Ring is nearly there and feels quite clumsy. Mind you, it's a very benign sort blade and not unusually long, so using it is quite a relaxed process.

Long blades are something else entirely. Both of the Buddels are decidedly lengthy: add a stiff grind and a French point and you really don't want to let your concentration wander. Which makes for a rather different shaving experience, but a rewarding one nonetheless. They tend to come out at the weekends when I can take as long as I like.

Back
Top Bottom