Rotbart Razor

I took a chance on a used Merkur razor on fleabay, which at a tenner I thought it was worth a punt. It came in a nice black plastic Merkur box and looked a similar size to my 34c slightly slimmer handle with a "barbers pole" engine turning on the handle. Then I took a good look at the head and found it to be a Rotbart. Its a 2 piece razor with an original Rotbart Extra Dunn blade in it.
I need a bit of help here as I have never heard of Rotbart.
I will try to post some pics later.
Steve

Millay (member here - noticeably absent for a while it seems) had some a while back and I got one from him... take care with it - the shave can be a bit fierce if you're not expecting it. Not a rough shave, but I can't imagine what it would be like with a Feather or a Kai in it :shave

I was the first bidder on that, good to see it went to someone here. I realised it was not a Merkur but didn't know what it was. I thought it was a Fankenrazor (different head on a handle) but might be not a bad catch.

Don't know much about them I am afraid.

Well after disinfecting it and giving it a good clean I put a new Personna blade in it and had a shave with it this morning. It's done a decent job, considering I am a newbie (sort of,) to DE razors. I used Nannys spice shaving soap, applied with a GFT best badger brush, 2 passes with the Rotbart and finishing with GFT Sandalwood ASB.
I am keeping to 2 passes until my technique improves. Still no blood loss today which is always good.......... :lol:

That's a nice looking razor, looks to have quite a flat head profile which might make it quite a bit more aggressive than most TTO's.

I'm sure it will prove to be a good shaver though.

Back
Top Bottom