Rooney best badger

Hello gents!Have anybody tried the Rooneys in their best badger grade?How do they compare to the super silvertip ones?Im really tempted in getting a Rooney and best badger sounds good to me since I facelather and use mainly soaps.Thanks mates!

I was really tempted by a Rooney but was more tempted by a Simpsons so haven't tired one. The guys on B&B seem to love them but I do not know of anyone here who has tried one. I would be interested in the answer to this as well.

I would consider a Rooney if the present owner would show some initiative and make clear where and how and by whom, Rooney brushes are being made. The London operation is said to have been closed down.

Rooney brushes are still being described as British made in the traditional way. Some evidence would be appreciated to support this.

Until the position is clarified, I will not consider buying a Rooney brush.

Oh yeah!Thanks Fido!I remember reading your thread about that and its seems that Lee Sabini is not really clever about it.Option cancelled!Ill go for a Simpson Duke instead.

I've just spoken to a well-known English brush maker and he says Rooney are buying their brushes in from abroad, specifically China. (He didn't want to be quoted but you'd know the very brand if I named it.)

But apparently they still say Made In England . . .? If that's true then it's very poor. :(

This is exactly what I am concerned about. The Rooney brand is based on it's hand made in England tradition. Of course, it is perfectly feasible and reasonable to get them made in China to a tight high quality specification. But they must not claim that they are being made in England in the traditional way if that's what they are doing. If they are being made in China, they must have a massive mark up! I have a friend who gets antique furniture replicas made in the Far East. The terms are extraordinary. So nothing wrong - but businesses should be open about their manufacturing arrangements.

Rooney is not clear about it where is made and as customers we shouldn't tolerate this,so Ill rather spend my money in a brush that at least I know is Made in Uk as it claims:Simpson.

Back
Top Bottom