Rolls razor sharpening

OK, I know this isn't a REAL straight, but it's like a section of straight 'on a stick' so I thought this might be the right place.

The problem is that I bought a Rolls Razor and I'm unable to get it sharp enough to shave with. I've honed it and stropped it using the special case, but it still refuses to cut anything. It sticks and tugs on the stubble something terrible & it's trying to rip it out of my face rather than cut it.

Is there anyone with the right equipment who could have a go at manually sharpening this for me? I'm determined to get a shave from it! :D Happy to pay you for the work and cover the return postage; give me a shout if you're up for it.

Cheers!

Arrowhead said:
If all else fails I'm willing to give it a go, but bear in mind that I don't have any experience with Rolls razors. Sharp I can do, sharp and right ... not so sure :?

You can do it Andy! It is just like a third of straight, but without a handle. It helps to us back-and-forth motions on one side ofr a bit, then turn it over and do the same, finishing off one hone by a number of full alternating strokes, one per side. It's just fiddly and time consuming. Hopefull the edge is very nearly there, so you can start on a high grit hone.

Good luck!
Neil

I have honed a rolls before i sold one recently, as the post above says, its a bit fiddly, i found that it was a bit akward at first because of the size of the blade compared to a straight, but with a bit of patience i got there.

Back
Top Bottom