Rockwell 6C thread issue

Morning all,

Last week my 6C stopped threading on, with the bottom cap on the handle spins but doesn't engage. With the bottom cap off it does thread and tighten, but of course that's not exactly much use. I'm not sure what is to blame, the top cap or the handle. Its only 3 years old :-(

I initially thought it might be that soap is blocking the threads but after a bit of a clean this is still the same.

Any suggestions?

Hi,

I've attached a picture of the top cap threads and taken a video of the issue, the threading does not seem to engage at all.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20210324_070252.jpg
    IMG_20210324_070252.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20210324_070244.jpg
    IMG_20210324_070244.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 32

Hi,

I've attached a picture of the top cap threads and taken a video of the issue, the threading does not seem to engage at all.

Thanks.
Yes it's the female threads that have gone in the handle although the male threads don't look fantastic!
How old is the razor?

Paul.

Edit...you can buy a helicoil repair set of screw in threads from a good auto factors that may do the job if you really wanted to keep the razor.

If you can get a replacement for the top cap and the handle, next time when you clean your 6C, grab a ear cotton swab and place a tiny amount of Vaseline inside the female handle or either the top cap of the male chafed willy roughly every month or two.

Make sure the male top cap thread doesn’t cause a chafed willy issue, when screwing the female handle together very smoothly without a bloody condom called the PTFE Thread Sealant plumbing white tape.

Understand Sonny Boy

giphy.gif

Last edited:
This is a well known fault of the 6C, not of the 6S thought.

I read somewhere that Rockwell are aware of it but they haven't done anything about it.

I'm very careful with my 6C.
I always apply Vaseline for all my two or three piece razors, either copper, brass, chrome, zamak or stainless steel. Otherwise you’ll have a male and female issue, for those who may have hard water in their suburb.

Your post reads like someone trying to be clever and make a connection between a duff razor handle and sex, then passing the result through a translator from swedish to mongolian to ancient greek to uzbek before having a coffee then continuing to tigrinian then hungarian before, finally, switching to english. It doesn't really make sense I'm afraid.

If you can't get resolution from manufacture and you don't have plumbers thread tape try a thin strip of plastic or sliver of matchstick in the female thread, just enough to push thread to one side.
It sounds worn but it is nearly catching and one of these things should do the trick. Had a ford sierra distributer held on for 4 years with the plastic strip. I was young and poor. :)

Your post reads like someone trying to be clever and make a connection between a duff razor handle and sex, then passing the result through a translator from swedish to mongolian to ancient greek to uzbek before having a coffee then continuing to tigrinian then hungarian before, finally, switching to english. It doesn't really make sense I'm afraid.

Post of the month right there !!!

Back
Top Bottom