RIXOS Super Stainless?

Spotted on AliExpress:

ABLVV85XSBo2M2pNa6PSAxi_C5PqxnBqP4wdYX02kyxnJh9QhGot201lLpNhT_EojlImdnigrUIm1db3n0Cy5OT27-FLhMcE9DLxXp85iYVFkd-H96ksMeD8pWlKtvTDzz2kgNHe673xzStBq9-oqBVyAL6OZw=w534-h451-s-no

Screams knock-off to me as the blade is the deadringer for Lord Super Stainless (and even says Made in Egypt) but the external packaging has Super Stainless Blades ... in Turkish. I really don't think Lord & Azmüsebat are mashing it up together!

Given the cost and complexity of a production line, do these micro brands just procure a small run from one of the big blade factories?

Is it like supermarket value brands where it comes off the same production line, but with lesser ingredients?

I have to say, I'm very suspicious of the bigger brand names on AliExpress ... like Gillette Nacets, BIC Chrome Platinum and (Russian) Gillette Astra. With branding like this Rixos, I suppose it could be a bona fide Lord branding (there's enough of them) but the Turkish maybe gives it away as a bootleg. Dunno. The typeset and printing looks right for Lord. I can find these and their single edge equivalent on Turkish websites, so it may well be legit; yet another Lord reband for that market.

China have some massive industrial capabilities, so it's not beyond them ... but again, why bother when those factories already spit out countless brandings (including all those micro-brandings for western importers to resell on, say, Amazon) anyway.

... as a Lord fan, one to add to the list regardless.

I have to say, I'm very suspicious of the bigger brand names on AliExpress ... like Gillette Nacets, BIC Chrome Platinum and (Russian) Gillette Astra. With branding like this Rixos, I suppose it could be a bona fide Lord branding (there's enough of them) but the Turkish maybe gives it away as a bootleg. Dunno. The typeset and printing looks right for Lord. I can find these and their single edge equivalent on Turkish websites, so it may well be legit; yet another Lord reband for that market.

China have some massive industrial capabilities, so it's not beyond them ... but again, why bother when those factories already spit out countless brandings (including all those micro-brandings for western importers to resell on, say, Amazon) anyway.

... as a Lord fan, one to add to the list regardless.

I bought some blades off AliExpress a while back, and they were sent from Turkey not China. My memory isn't quite 100%, but I think they were either Astra SP's or Silver Blues, and the blades were legit.

Looking at the seller which has those blades in stock, I'd suggest that seller is based from Turkey. Via search engine I got something for them to have a shop in Ankara and have their own website.

I'd go to suggest the Lord blades they are selling are legit.

Looking at the seller which has those blades in stock, I'd suggest that seller is based from Turkey. Via search engine I got something for them to have a shop in Ankara and have their own website.

I'd go to suggest the Lord blades they are selling are legit.
Infinite thank you very interesting this Turkish shop site and very good prices.

Back
Top Bottom