Retail Accident..

Well, it's like this.

I have just refitted a bathroom, and now have two potential shaving locations.

I decided that having only one decent brush would, eventually, cost me hundreds of man-hours as I strolled around the house identifying which bathroom I left my kit in, and then back to the day's chosen shaving location.

Furthermore, there will always be a risk that my wife will be occupying the bathroom containing my shaving kit, leaving me with a bathrrom but no razor or brush.

If this were to waste, say, 5 minutes, three times per week, that would be 12 hours per year, or around 100 hours over the course of a lifetime.

Even at a very modest "mate's rate" of £25 per hour, I would have to invoice myself £2500 for allowing such inefficiency.

All of which makes this look rather excellent value, I thought.

Go for it...I'm very happy with my 2 band.

Stick it in a vintage grooming set for when you are "travelling" between bathrooms.

Actually the price including postage won't be much different than Diamond Edge with his 10% off for forum members. Give David a call he is a a pleasure to deal with, unfortunately he has to get the brush in rather than hold ready stock but he is reliable.

Love the logic tewdric.

You can't argue with those numbers!

And I love my Simpson.

I always say to myself: just think what *she* spends on bras and sanitary protection. His needs, her needs. Etc.

I adore that logic. I just read tewdric's original post out to the guy who sits opposite me at work, and he fell about laughing. He uses similar logic to purchase parts for the various bikes he owns. I tend to use more immediate logic, as in, "if I don't have that -insert unnecessary and likely expensive object here-, I will die for sure".

My own wife is starting to notice the increase in shaving-related products appearing in our bathroom, so I may need to borrow some techniques from these boards to sneak new stuff in...

I prefer to amortise the cost of products over their projected life - so the 3 D-Cell LED MagLite I just bought for £18 is only £1.80 :D (plus I did actually need a torch for walking the dog at night that doesn't look like I'm lamping with the greyhound).

As for sneaking shaving products in, I'm a strong believer in the "occasional unexpected surprise" for SWMBO - works very well for me.

Nocturnal hunting - usually for rabbits. Quite possibly illegal to do with a dog in tow.... usual paraphernalia is a lamp and a dog whilst wearing a Barbour jacket or other camo coloured apparel...

I've done a bit of lamping its not the camo you need at night its a good night scope and infrared lamp oh and a good .22 silencer :lol: :lol: :lol:

hunnymonster said:
cheese_dave said:
What on earth is "lamping with the greyhound"?

Nocturnal hunting - usually for rabbits. Quite possibly illegal to do with a dog in tow.... usual paraphernalia is a lamp and a dog whilst wearing a Barbour jacket or other camo coloured apparel...

I believe that any hunting with a dog is illegal.

The dog in question would quite likely be a lurcher, a greyhound cross. A greyhound cross border collie make pretty good lurchers. Oh, dont forget the flat cap & rollies. ;)

Back
Top Bottom