Restoration Job: Pugh-the-special-one

I have had a few restorations done by Jamie, again, and would like to highlight his excellent work. He undertook this work for me in a really short turnaround time and exactly to my specification. I have some before and after pictures for 3 of the razors that I would like to share with you all.

1. Boker.

I bought this razor off eBay and when it arrived, the scales were pretty dirty and the blade needed a good sanding, re-polishing and re-sharpen to get it to a useable condition.

Before .....

boker.jpg

After .....

bokerdone.jpg

2. Clauss.

Another one off eBay with a bunch of other things in the same lot. Again, this needed sanding polishing and sharpening, and the scales needed re-pinning.

Before .....

clauss.jpg

After ......

claussdone.jpg

3. The Torrey

I got this from eBay for £3.29 - a bit of a risk but it seems fine. Again, this needed a complete overhaul.

Before ......

torrey.jpg

After .....

torreydone.jpg

And finally, a group photo with an additional razor, the Ern Ator, which I also purchased from Jamie.

eriksrazors.jpg

I am sure that I haven't done justice to Jamie in terms of exactly what was done, how it was done and how long it all took, but I know that I am extremely happy with his tremendous work. In fact, I think he should change his username from the special one to the Merlin the Magician!! :icon_razz::icon_razz:

Jamie - you may want to add some additional comments on here to indicate the work undertaken by yourself. It really is difficult to describe the transformation. My razor collection is now getting really "blinged" up.

Regards,
Erik.

Very nice, again you have a gift that people will appreciate for generations to come.
As I'm still honing my 1st razor and no where close to being able to really use it to shave with, I can understand what real skill you have.

Listen people - I would like to highly recommend Jamie for any work that you need doing on restoring straight razors; his work is really exceptional and his rates are very reasonable.

I am so pleased with the work he has done for me in the past and recently, as can be seen in the photos above.

Back
Top Bottom