replating service

Bought a super speed which has some wear to the handle,I'm not keen to shave with it until it looks like a new pin.Just wondering if you gents know anyone who offers replating apart from safetyrazors.co.uk? :twisted:

James_uk said:
Bought a super speed which has some wear to the handle,I'm not keen to shave with it until it looks like a new pin.Just wondering if you gents know anyone who offers replating apart from safetyrazors.co.uk? :twisted:

The Razor Emporium does. If I remember correctly they're out in California some place.

I saw that too, but I have no knowledge of what transpired to get them on the bad books. I have not used them yet, but they have had some nice stock pass through. Leisure Guy's 'excess' brushes were on sale through them awhile back.

James_uk said:
antdad said:
Use it man.

when I see it in that state I lose the drive,besides IO don't fancy bits of nickel in my lather :evil:

Well it's up to you but I've yet to see a razor coating flaking like old paint that would contaminate lather and I'd want to be sure that it's even worth the extra £15 - £20 when SS's are pretty common and you could get a mint one for less. If the razor has sentimental value then that's a different matter.

James

Dave at Safety razors replated a Fatboy and repainted the numbers in two different colors for £17 returned posted that I have just given as a gift and it was done that well that the receiver of the gift could not believe it was a razor from the 50/60s as it looked new. So I would say that Dave is your best bet

Hope this helps

Michael

I sent Dave a Superspeed to be replated a while back. After looking at it he told me that it wouldn't be worth doing and sent it back. Could have done it anyway and charged me but I really appreciated his honesty.

Back
Top Bottom