3. bagman (ATG)
4. semajohn (ATG)
5. ATG (TSR)
6. p.b (ATG)
7. ajc347 (TSR/ATG)
8. wooky114 (ATG/TSR)
9. Geofnay (TSR)
10. Gairdner (TSR)

May one enquire as to the number of shekels one would have to part with to obtain such a pretty example of British engineering? Boycie’s pictorial reports have me drooling…
It's not live yet on their website, as far as I can tell, but considering that there is this bit in the OP:
...Please use a Royal Mail service with insurance of £150 (availableat good value through the Royal Mail app)...
I think we can assume it's going to be in that ballpark.

For what's it worth... I'd still like to see head-only options.

It's not live yet on their website, as far as I can tell, but considering that there is this bit in the OP:

I think we can assume it's going to be in that ballpark.

For what's it worth... I'd still like to see head-only options.
Don't read too much in to my post. I don't know the cost of the razor. I chose £150 as that's the insured figure for RM 24/48 Tracked which is probably more appropriate than the £20/£50 cover with the standard services.

Ee, a brass ‘89, eh? TAKE MY FECKIN’ MONEY! Oh wait a minute minute, I’s gots none….

I’m still gonna give it a try then maybe like, eh, rob some dodgy fund for Tories? Aye, I’ll just put an entry in their accounts: Johnson, Covid party. That’ll do it. Braw.

16/02/2024

Razor: Reggie's Razors Jupiter
Blade: 7 O'clock Black (2)
Brush: Highlander Tulip HMW
Soap: Zingari Man The Rambler

Final shave with the Jupiter. I have this razor dialled in now. I completed the shave without having to think and in quick time - testament to the mildness of this razor.

My verdict: I don't shave daily but I could use this razor if I did. It's very comfortable in use and favours sharper blades. It still reminds me of an 89 - I actually have a EJ DE89 set up for the next shave to potentially confirm this for me.

If there was a choice of plates, i would opt for the next step up from this one - that would hit my goldilocks spot. That said, I've enjoyed the Jupiter and will be buying one when Jonathan releases them.

Just completed a shave with my DE89 and the same 7OC Black blade. I was reasonably right in my comparison. The comfort and finish are the same. Perhaps slightly more glide with the DE89 due to the chrome but there is no drag/suction with the Jupiter (you know I'll have moaned like hell if there was!!). There is more weight to the Jupiter.

Those of you that enjoy the DE89 should enjoy this razor.

Just completed a shave with my DE89 and the same 7OC Black blade. I was reasonably right in my comparison. The comfort and finish are the same. Perhaps slightly more glide with the DE89 due to the chrome but there is no drag/suction with the Jupiter (you know I'll have moaned like hell if there was!!). There is more weight to the Jupiter.

Those of you that enjoy the DE89 should enjoy this razor.
Even more reasons to look forward to my turn in the passaround. :)
Does it have that metallic 'taste' to it? I'm a bit weird when it comes to brass razors hence I wanted to try it out.
Had no issues with Hone 15 brass (thanks again @LeeMaz for your kind loan) but with a Karve brass could not stand the metallic feel and had to pass it on.

Does it have that metallic 'taste' to it? I'm a bit weird when it comes to brass razors hence I wanted to try it out.
Had no issues with Hone 15 brass (thanks again @LeeMaz for your kind loan) but with a Karve brass could not stand the metallic feel and had to pass it on.
I can't say I've ever tasted a brass razor but I certainly couldn't smell the brass/patina smell during its time with me. I have smelt that on other razors - admittedly these were slightly older.

I had the same reaction to the Karve unfortunately, (not the Hone 15). I’ve not had the same issue with my Stando Rod so it’s potentially something to do with the finish or coatings used maybe?

Not all brass is created equal, chaps. It’s an alloy and can have different proportions of the elements used to mak’ it. You know this of course but it could be why certain razors give that strange ‘feel’ to some. There’s perhaps a certain ingredient in greater mass that reacts with you that isn’t present in other razors.

By the way, did I say I was shite at chemistry? Aye, I was an’ all.

Eat yer brass! How can ye get yer stainless if ye don’t eat yer brass?

Matron, they’ve got me talking metals again! Metal is mental and so am I.

Not just me then? I know what you mean - if I pick up an unfinished brass razor I get a metallic taste in my mouth. Just holding it is enough to make it happen - it doesn't require accidental transfer from my fingers to my lips. Which is very unpleasant. Hence why I don't own any. It also happens with copper. A strange handicap to have? Some sort of synesthesia? Perhaps we can set up a support group? :) - cheers - I.

1. Boycie83 (TSR/ATG) *Complete*
2. slapo (ATG/TSR) *With*
3. bagman (ATG)
4. semajohn (ATG)
5. ATG (TSR)
6. p.b (ATG)
7. ajc347 (TSR/ATG)
8. wooky114 (ATG/TSR)
9. Geofnay (TSR)
10. Gairdner (TSR)

Not just me then? I know what you mean - if I pick up an unfinished brass razor I get a metallic taste in my mouth. Just holding it is enough to make it happen - it doesn't require accidental transfer from my fingers to my lips. Which is very unpleasant. Hence why I don't own any. It also happens with copper. A strange handicap to have? Some sort of synesthesia? Perhaps we can set up a support group? :) - cheers - I.
The following has no scientific basis:

I wonder if it has something to do with electrical charge? Perhaps the static charge of some individuals reacts with the conductivity of brass resulting in a strange sensation, interpreted as taste, on the tongue?

Some razors can sense the battery lickers among you!

Back
Top Bottom