Recommendations

Based on my limited experience with this soap, I'd avise you to go easy on the amount of water you add to the lather. I'd read that soaps needed more water to attain a fully-hydrated lather than creams, but, on the first attempt, I added too much and the lather disintegrated. :oops:

I don't find it requires any less or more water than other soaps particularly. In fact I think it's quite an easy soap to lather, but then again I face lather so tend to add water as I'm going along and judge it by how the lather feels.

Yellow Jim said:
I don't find it requires any less or more water than other soaps particularly. In fact I think it's quite an easy soap to lather, but then again I face lather so tend to add water as I'm going along and judge it by how the lather feels.

As I said, it was my first soap, so I can't compare it to others.

chrisbell said:
Yellow Jim said:

Well you didn't actually say that Chris, you spoke about your limited experience with this soap, but lets not split hairs. ;)

As a late suggestion - my current favourite: Valobra. I'm sensitive to lanolin, and I'm guessing, tallow too. Valobra (in the block form, not the stick) is a soft vegetable based soap, which gives me a wonderfully smooth, easy lather. Almond scent.

Yellow Jim said:
chrisbell said:
Yellow Jim said:

Well you didn't actually say that Chris, you spoke about your limited experience with this soap, but lets not split hairs. ;)

Oops, sorry. :oops: :roll:

MandoBear said:
As a late suggestion - my current favourite: Valobra. I'm sensitive to lanolin, and I'm guessing, tallow too. Valobra (in the block form, not the stick) is a soft vegetable based soap, which gives me a wonderfully smooth, easy lather. Almond scent.

Think you will be ok with tallow never heard of anyone being alergic to tallow as it is basically animal fat

al_kaholik said:
Right first post in anger here so bare with me...

I currently use a Kent sandal wood shaving soap with a basic Kent brush - no complaints really about either except that I often feel very dry afterwards. I have pretty dry skin and a touch of eczema, though not at all bad on my face I am more susceptible to dryness and irritation.

So does anyone have any recommendations on a soap that won't leave me dry and irritated afterwards! Pre-wash tends to dry me out too, even though I'm using one for sensitive/dry skin...

When you find the soap you like you should also use an aftershave balm to replenish the moisture in your skin. Make sure that it is chemical free and made from only natural ingredients. Your skin will feel much better.

Back
Top Bottom