recommend weighing scales?

What do you want to weigh on the scale, tenths of a gram, yes officer I use it to weigh out spices! Haha!

Paul
my fat ass lool :ROFLMAO:

im after a bathroom weighing scales

i got the salter black mechanical one from argos the toher day but returned it as it wasnt giving e an accurate reading, was off by a stone compared to my old one

ive seen the renpho wi fi bluetooth one on amazon which has good reviews

my fat ass lool :ROFLMAO:

im after a bathroom weighing scales

i got the salter black mechanical one from argos the toher day but returned it as it wasnt giving e an accurate reading, was off by a stone compared to my old one

ive seen the renpho wi fi bluetooth one on amazon which has good reviews
How do you know your old scales were not off?
I like the mechanical scales but some folk like the digital ones, you pay your money you make your choice! Salter scales are well known and have been around for years.

Paul.

How do you know your old scales were not off?
I like the mechanical scales but some folk like the digital ones, you pay your money you make your choice! Salter scales are well known and have been around for years.

Paul.
the reading my mrs got on the seca scales at the drs surgery was the same as the old one ive got at home, which is also a mechanical one too

i thought the salter would be perfect as its a reputable brand plusithad 15 years guarentee bit gutted tbh

like the look of this and got some good reviews

this the one im eyeing up as the app is meant to showgood info too

(No longer on Amazon but still to be found elsewhere)
For the last ten years I've used - simple but accurate and reliable - maybe £25 squid new?

Weight Watchers 8991BU Precision Body Analyser Electronic Scale​

is all the info on the screen or does it have an app too?

looks like its on offer in argos

I've always used mechanical scales, including Salter, and found a couple of things with them. Firstly, they need to be zeroed by the adjuster. Secondly, I check the accuracy from time to time, using a known weight (half hundredweight Crane weight works well) and adjust accordingly.

I have some other digital scales for domestic use, and check them for accuracy with the weights from my analogue Salter kitchen balance.

Those "speak your weight" end-of-the-pier machines, that often stood next to the "What The Butler Saw" peepshow were good fun, but not very accurate.

the reading my mrs got on the seca scales at the drs surgery was the same as the old one ive got at home, which is also a mechanical one too

i thought the salter would be perfect as its a reputable brand plusithad 15 years guarentee bit gutted tbh

like the look of this and got some good reviews

this the one im eyeing up as the app is meant to showgood info too
£36 for and electrical gizmo to tell me a a fat f@#£ ! I know when I need to lose weight, my trousers will feel like they have shrunk in the wash!

Paul.

• Haha
Reactions: saj
£36 for and electrical gizmo to tell me a a fat f@#£ ! I know when I need to lose weight, my trousers will feel like they have shrunk in the wash!

Paul.
There's a more serious and subtle point to this sort of "simple" scale. Muscle weighs something like three times more than fat.
If you diet and/or exercise you might actually gain weight (but decrease your % body fat).
The process is not rocket science and this device will, with reasonably accuracy, help you measure the trend.
It doesn't have any fancy apps or bluetooth (add an extra £100+ for that sort of thing) but does assist you if you want to get a bit healthier.
Ten years ago I used it in losing 3 stone over a six month period...Went from a 40" waist to 34" (at times a 32")
Cost me a fortune in clothes on the way down ;)

There's a more serious and subtle point to this sort of "simple" scale. Muscle weighs something like three times more than fat.
If you diet and/or exercise you might actually gain weight (but decrease your % body fat).
The process is not rocket science and this device will, with reasonably accuracy, help you measure the trend.
It doesn't have any fancy apps or bluetooth (add an extra £100+ for that sort of thing) but does assist you if you want to get a bit healthier.
Ten years ago I used it in losing 3 stone over a six month period...Went from a 40" waist to 34" (at times a 32")
well i dont know anything about it but apparently its a kock off of the fitbit weighing scales which costs way more

not really clued up on this stuff tbh

Ha, I know what you mean about expense when you have lost lot's of weight, I lost 6 stone in 3 months, went from a 34" waist to a 30" cost me a small fortune!

Back
Top Bottom