Recommend me a brush for hard soaps

Good morning gents,

I am currently on the lookout for a brush that excels when tackling the hard soaps and was wondering whether you could point me in the direction of brushes you hold in high regard within the £10-20 price range?

I have seen the Simpson Beaufort b1 at a good price on badger and hone but didn't have a clue whether this would be any good with the hard stuff. Of course there is also the 404 bodger, whilst I have always wanted to give the frank shaving brushes a go and have been advised by the seller of the best model for my needs. If anyone can pass judgement on the above with regards to my requirements that would be grand, but please by all means suggest any other ones you may know of.

Many thanks,

Adam

As long as I soak a teaspoon of hot water on top of the puck for 5 minutes while I shower, I don't have any problems with even a softish brush. I use one of the simple Edwin Jagger black badgers, I think they are about 15 quid. They pick up just fine.

CanucksTraveller said:
As long as I soak a teaspoon of hot water on top of the puck for 5 minutes while I shower, I don't have any problems with even a softish brush. I use one of the simple Edwin Jagger black badgers, I think they are about 15 quid. They pick up just fine.

Thanks for the tip, I will give that a go myself. I actually have the same ej myself but i just feel like having one brush for soap and the other for cream. I currently use the ws classic for my soaps, and although it's good I just want a nicer looking and better performing one. Once this brush purchase is sorted it will enable me to create a newbie pif much like the one I kindly received off of Kev.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but I find a Semogue Owners' Club boar brush works well.

Good thing is that you often find them coming up for sale on here, so you could buy one and if you don't get on with it then you could resell it without to much bother.

Blades said:
Boar brushes are a stiffer bristle for mashing up soaps :cool:
Badger is better for cremes as they are softer.

Blades
I have just spent a Month using a Kent KB2 best badger brush being new to DE shaving. Have been after a NF brush after reading the write ups on them and good comments they keep getting, Mikael sold me the NF2211 last week. It arrived today, what a revelation whipped up a bowl of nanny's soap, never seen so much lather ever and in record time. Then face lathered with MWF soap ( note I live in a hard water area ) the lather again just exploded on my face, I have used this soap for the last 3 weeks and was happy with it. Now however it is on a different level, fantastic, then the feeling of the silver tip on my face was sublime. I am just glad I did not start with this brush as the difference even with a good brush that I was using is nothing short of astounding.
How any one would consider using a Boar brush over this brush , beggars belief.

man of leisure said:
Blades said:
Boar brushes are a stiffer bristle for mashing up soaps :cool:
Badger is better for cremes as they are softer.

Blades
I have just spent a Month using a Kent KB2 best badger brush being new to DE shaving. Have been after a NF brush after reading the write ups on them and good comments they keep getting, Mikael sold me the NF2211 last week. It arrived today, what a revelation whipped up a bowl of nanny's soap, never seen so much lather ever and in record time. Then face lathered with MWF soap ( note I live in a hard water area ) the lather again just exploded on my face, I have used this soap for the last 3 weeks and was happy with it. Now however it is on a different level, fantastic, then the feeling of the silver tip on my face was sublime. I am just glad I did not start with this brush as the difference even with a good brush that I was using is nothing short of astounding.
How any one would consider using a Boar brush over this brush , beggars belief.

I've a NF2211 and a Semogue 830 boar. The split tips on the boar after it's fully broken in are as soft as the tips on the silvertip in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom