Recommend a cherry red boot polish?

I've always had at lest one pair for about 30 years. Have two at the moment. Have always used ox-lood on my cherry reds. Seem to remember that at schools it was 8, 11 and 18 holes.

I currently have some black 11 holes and some brown Derby boots.

chrisbell said:
Evening chaps. Anyone have any recommendations for a polish suitable for cherry red Doc Martens, please? My pair had a deformed section on one of the boots, which I alleviated by gently steaming the leather, but it caused the colour to run slightly. I effected a quick fix with some neutral wax stuff, but the foam applicator was crumbling. Our family shoe-cleaning kit seems to be full of ancient junk, but only contains black polish which my dad probably bought in 1965 several years ago, so I'm on the lookout for a quality polish that matches the dull red and that'll give a water-resistant finish. I'm not looking for high shine (IMO Doc Martens look stupid with a high shine finish), but, because I'm a wheelchair user and therefore don't walk, they haven't creased-up to enable me to do the old "antiquing" trick with black polish.

how old are the doc martins?

they replaced my workbooks even though they were out of warranty because it was a factory defect.

send them an email

shanky887614 said:
chrisbell said:
Evening chaps. Anyone have any recommendations for a polish suitable for cherry red Doc Martens, please? My pair had a deformed section on one of the boots, which I alleviated by gently steaming the leather, but it caused the colour to run slightly. I effected a quick fix with some neutral wax stuff, but the foam applicator was crumbling. Our family shoe-cleaning kit seems to be full of ancient junk, but only contains black polish which my dad probably bought in 1965 several years ago, so I'm on the lookout for a quality polish that matches the dull red and that'll give a water-resistant finish. I'm not looking for high shine (IMO Doc Martens look stupid with a high shine finish), but, because I'm a wheelchair user and therefore don't walk, they haven't creased-up to enable me to do the old "antiquing" trick with black polish.

how old are the doc martins?

they replaced my workbooks even though they were out of warranty because it was a factory defect.

send them an email

They're near-perfect in condition as I'm a wheelchasir user and can't walk, but they're old and were bought from eBay, plus the thing I was correcting was the sort of thing that most purchasers wouldn't even notice. I only tried to do something about it because I'm a bit OCD about these sorts of things.:blush::icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom